Windows 10: Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

Discus and support Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to reboot my computer. Ive gotten to the 100% completion of the restarting of windows, but it now continues to power off, power back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZackCrews, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ZackCrews Win User

Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

I have been trying to reboot my computer. Ive gotten to the 100% completion of the restarting of windows, but it now continues to power off, power back on, load, flash same picture, and repeat again. It has been doing this for the past 24 hours. How do i fix this?

:)

ZackCrews, Sep 27, 2018

2. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

Windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you re currently stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform power drain and check if you are able to restore back to your normal desktop. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I would not suggest that you format your hard drive due to the reasons below:

1. If your system was installed with Windows 8.1 at the time of purchase, formatting it will lead to a lost of your product key, as the key is pre injected to the motherboard.

2. You will be unable to activate the OS and you will have to contact your systems manufacturer if you are faced with any driver related issues.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

1. Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer - Similar Threads - Stuck continuous loop

2. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a reboot loop: My computer keeps restarting and won't let me do anything with my keyboard to troubleshoot it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/dd649ab4-52aa-46c3-bbf8-0ad0d6206806
  3. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a reboot loop: My computer keeps restarting and won't let me do anything with my keyboard to troubleshoot it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/dd649ab4-52aa-46c3-bbf8-0ad0d6206806
  4. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously: I am using my phone to type this question as the thing is, yesterday night, I had to factory reset my computer due to it was too laggy. After I started the factory reset process, the resetting progress was stuck at 89% for quite some time so I decided to off the computer and...
  6. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously: I am using my phone to type this question as the thing is, yesterday night, I had to factory reset my computer due to it was too laggy. After I started the factory reset process, the resetting progress was stuck at 89% for quite some time so I decided to off the computer and...
  7. computer stuck in an endless loop of restarting continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Computer is Stuck in an Infinite Reboot Loop

My Computer is Stuck in an Infinite Reboot Loop: Hi, so my computer has been running fine all day until a few hours ago, where my computer froze completely. Naturally, I tried restarting the computer which has lead me to my issue: The computer will turn on and show the “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen with a black...
  9. Stuck in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in reboot loop: My win 10 patop is stuck in a update / reboot loop It is on 1903 and trying to install 1909 but keeps on telling me rebbooting Why and what can I do to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-reboot-loop/605a9818-d14a-4997-88b3-20dfd2622478
  10. My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.

My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.: My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop and I can't get to "Safe mode" and as soon as the windows goes into "Repair" it reboots. How do I use my USB recovery drive to reboot the system. F11 or F8 does not work. Thank you...