Windows 10: Stuck in a Hang up in booting

Discus and support Stuck in a Hang up in booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 10 64 bit on a Gateway laptop 3 days ago and everything worked well. This morning the laptop hung up in the booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Docschmo, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Docschmo Win User

Stuck in a Hang up in booting

Upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 10 64 bit on a Gateway laptop 3 days ago and everything worked well.
    This morning the laptop hung up in the booting process and wont fully load the OS. I get to the window logo, a greyed login box, and in task bar the clock and battery icon but nothing else. No start button no search and none of the pinned programs. Setup has only one user
    I cant get into safe mode with Win key + R so I cant even get far enough in to roll back to a restore point or back to Win7 and I would prefer not to have to do a clean install of Win 7, restore my image and then re-upgrade if at all possible.
    Any thoughts/ideas/solutions?

:)

Docschmo, Aug 20, 2015
  2. jdrewf99 Win User

Updates stuck at 65% and waiting to install for days

The 01/11/2016 & 12/28/2015 updates are hanging up the. The download Update progress bar is stuck at 65% and the detail says waiting on install for days. Ran fix updates utility and tried clean boot, neither worked nor found a problem.

Updates hanging up- Original Title

jdrewf99, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Stuck in a booting loop

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

For a month after you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to
    settings.

If you are performing Restore factory settings it will go back to your previous version of Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Refer: Recovery options in Windows 10 (Refer to Restore Factory
    setting)

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

You can get into safe mode by shutting the pc down via the power button 3 times in a row from when you see the win logo on boot it will bring up the recovery environment on the next boot.

5. Docschmo Win User
    Thanks Bazz - Will try this in the morning and will let you know if I succeed in getting in and if I can fix the problem.

Docschmo, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Your welcome an please do let me know how you get on.

7. Docschmo Win User
    Well I'm not sure what happened but this morning it started up properly without any glitches. I wonder if it was hung up because of an unfinished update. Restarted several times and it is fine. Thanks for your help Bazz - I never knew about the 3 restart procedure to get into Safe mode. Thanks

Docschmo, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

I'm pleased your up and running without issues.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in a Hang up in booting - Similar Threads - Stuck Hang booting

2. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot up: I downloaded a custom os its called a windows x lite and i got stuck on the boot up. Its not showing any set up or get started on it and its taking a while to boot up and i cant get tk the bios. Any way to fix it?...
  3. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on boot up: I downloaded a custom os its called a windows x lite and i got stuck on the boot up. Its not showing any set up or get started on it and its taking a while to boot up and i cant get tk the bios. Any way to fix it?...
  4. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck up on settings at boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck up on settings at boot up: I tried to wipe up clean my computer but it won't let me pass 15% so I indo changes . I tried a lot of method to do this and ended up running it in safe mode. Now when I open the computer it will show setup settings list but mouse and keyboard wont work. I can't do anything...
  6. Stuck up on settings at boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck up on settings at boot up: I tried to wipe up clean my computer but it won't let me pass 15% so I indo changes . I tried a lot of method to do this and ended up running it in safe mode. Now when I open the computer it will show setup settings list but mouse and keyboard wont work. I can't do anything...
  7. Stuck up on settings at boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up: Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it? HPE-510t Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 64-bit Win10 v 1709 build...
  9. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs: I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD.. Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but STOPS on the 4 panel Window in the top center of the screen. If I turn the Power Supply switch OFF and then back ON and then...
  10. W10 hanging on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 hanging on boot up.: I have just updated an Acer Aspire Laptop 5536 to W10 and after pressing the start button it starts to boot up and about 10 seconds after pressing start the windows logo appears and the little squirly is going round then stops. The Hdd led goes out and it is stuck there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. booting hang up