Windows 10: Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“

Discus and support Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought it was the hard drive the problem at first but then i installed windows on 3 different hard drives and i am still getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Walidmasry, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“

I thought it was the hard drive the problem at first but then i installed windows on 3 different hard drives and i am still getting the “THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER” and “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” i got those error multiple times on all the hard drive and cant find a fix please help.

:)

Walidmasry, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

thread stuck in device driver

The blue screen error, "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER," is usually caused by a device driver which is stuck in an infinite loop waiting for the hardware to become idle.

Most of the time, this indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Performing a series of updates will usually fix this error.

If you can boot into your desktop long enough, perform the steps below:

1. Update your graphics and audio drivers to the latest versions.

2. Perform Windows update and install all updates.

3. Update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

If the desktop won’t stay loaded for long enough, boot your computer into Safe Mode using the installation media and do it from there.

IMPORTANT: Modifying BIOS/CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You can also check the answer of Niranjan Manjhi on this
    thread for a similar concern.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Thread Stuck in Driver

Hi Mark,

We appreciate that you have provided us the troubleshooting steps that you have done already. We can provide you other troubleshooting steps that can help to resolve the issue regarding the Thread Stuck in Driver error.

The Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. Performing a series of updates will usually resolve this issue and since you have updated your motherboard
    BIOS as well as the graphics and audio drivers, you can perform the Windows updates. Here's how:

• Open Start Menu and click on Settings >
      Update & Security
      settings > Windows Update.
    • Click on the Check for updates button.
    • If any updates are available, they will be offered to you.

Let us know if there is anything else that comes up so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“

Thread stuck in device driver

Hi Srinivasan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type Troubleshooter in the search bar next to
    Start icon, press Enter.

Step 2: Select View all from the left side panel, and click on
    Hardware and Devices option.

Step 3: Follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer to the suggestion given by ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro MS –MVP) from the link below:

thread stuck in device driver windows 10

Also refer to the links below on similar issue,

thread stuck in device driver windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/dbf73a2e-58ee-46e6-8f47-588069bc745f

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“

1. Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“ - Similar Threads - Stuck infinite boot

2. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  3. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  4. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  5. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  6. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop: i tried hard resetting my pc but it came to the windows loading screen showing he spinning circle for 3 seconds goes black then restarts again i've tried going to automatic repair by doing things like pressing f11 or turning off the computer 3 times but nothing seems to work...
  8. i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop

i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop: i tried hard resetting my pc but it came to the windows loading screen showing he spinning circle for 3 seconds goes black then restarts again i've tried going to automatic repair by doing things like pressing f11 or turning off the computer 3 times but nothing seems to work...
  9. i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: Last night, I was playing a game on my laptop. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned it was boot looping. I don't know what caused this, but I tried the system repair first and it didn't work. Upon using the system restore to return to an earlier point in time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot loop after update amd driver

2. Infinte loop of thread stuck in device driver

3. thread_stuck_in_device_driver infinite loop