Windows 10: Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Discus and support Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ant Dude, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Ant Dude Win User

Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Hello.

I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and installing that never finishes (doesn't even ask me to reboot yet!). It already happened five times as shown in my uploaded http://screenshot.cz/TE/TE7UT/wuhistory.gif screen shot/capture. As you can see, it has a lot of free disk space on C: after doing a SSD clone yesterday with Macrium Reflect v7.2's Win's PE on its original SSD.

What's the problem and how can I fix it? I'm wasting a lot of time trying to get this upgraded. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803? :( Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803? :)

:)

Ant Dude, Feb 20, 2019
  2. ydde1997 Win User

V1803 Operating System (W10)

December 12,2018. My O.S. has been V1083 Build 17134.407 is the latest. Ever since the new windows updates came out yesterday, my computer is trying to download and install sn update that is described as " feature update for windows 10 V1809" It keeps trying
    but always has an error . It really slows done the computer. Should the computer be updating my V1803 to V1809?

Thanks

ydde1997, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 stuck at preparing for installation

My Windows 10 download is stuck. There are 2 windows one saying "preparing for installation" and the other saying "preparing for the upgrade" - I've installed on 2 laptops without problem but don't understand why I have this problem now on my desktop. Neither
    window shows any progress after one hour of looping. Any advice?

Original title: Windows 10 stuck

SaraMcBean, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Windows 10 upgrade stuck on preparing for installation screen

not at all helpful. repeating the install merely repeats to the "stuck in 'preparing to install' loop.

dubiousbanks, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

1. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803? - Similar Threads - Stuck loop downloading

2. stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.: Hi,My laptop ACER ASPIRE V3-772G. is stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop. It all happened after an incomplete update which was stuck at 98% and the laptop went unresponsive. I uninstalled the updates and system restore to a previous best point using F12. Upon...
  3. Please help , stuck on preparing loop.

Please help , stuck on preparing loop.: I was resetting my laptop but now it is stuck on a preparing loop and it keeps bringing the same notification "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To reinstall windows, click "ok" to restart the computer...
  4. Stuck in a preparing to repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a preparing to repair loop: When I boot up windows it leaves me on the screen right after you can access bios and it forever loops. When I put it into repair mode it says “Preparing to Repair” takes about. 5 minutes and crashes before I can get to any of the options to repair the boot up… I would...
  5. Stuck in a preparing to repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a preparing to repair loop: When I boot up windows it leaves me on the screen right after you can access bios and it forever loops. When I put it into repair mode it says “Preparing to Repair” takes about. 5 minutes and crashes before I can get to any of the options to repair the boot up… I would...
  6. Stuck in a preparing to repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop: What the hell did you put in the optional updates? I can't even get to my boot menu, it's just stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair. I'm NOT HAPPY!! My machine is an Acer ES!-523-41EW, I've tried all the F keys but it won't go into the boot menu. I have a USB Win10 I was...
  8. Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed: My laptop, an Acer Spin3, came pre-packaged with Windows 10 Home Edition and had upgrades to version 20H2, Build 19042.867. The current problem is that I cannot log into the Administrator account, which I enabled and am using a strong password. Since I use this password...
  9. W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop

W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop: I went for a clean install using the Media Creation Tool 1909... booted up on USB and all went well. After the machine rebooted I realized I hadn't cleared all partitions initially, so I stopped the install by powering off (held power off button). When I restarted the PC I...
  10. w10 v1809 installation is broken

w10 v1809 installation is broken: Or at least it tends to fail on some PCs at the OOBE phase(s). This has been happening to me at least twice now. The only way is to install v1803 and apply v1809 on top of it. This time it failed for me on an old one core processor pc with 4GB RAM and x64 architecture. So,...