Windows 10: Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

Discus and support Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a recent problem wherein my Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series with windows 10 suddenly stopped working, as it doesn't log in to any accounts.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StellaCade45, May 3, 2021.

1. Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

I have a recent problem wherein my Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series with windows 10 suddenly stopped working, as it doesn't log in to any accounts. We restarted it a lot of times then after lots of hard resets, it logged in a common User account. After that, the wallpaper is black. I can't press the windows button nor click the start menu. Cortana and the Search bar doesn't work also. I can't open the settings since it said that "there are no apps available." I tried SFC scans on that account and even DISM scan, but neither of them worked. I have another user profile, but when I try to clic

:)

StellaCade45, May 3, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 missing Multimedia Class Scheduler

My PC crashed and I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home OS. After this fresh install, audio would no longer come out on my TV when I hook my laptop up via HDMI.

I looked around a few forums and found one here on the official site that suggested this step for the same problem:

=====
    c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.
    Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

=====

The problem is, Multimedia Class Scheduler is not among the list of services.

The .sys file exists in my System32/drivers folder, at least.

Would downloading the mmcss.dll file solve my problem? All my audio and video drivers are updated, I'd been updating them repeatedly in the hopes that it would fix my problem.

LAPTOP: Asus X455LA

RegineCarandang, May 3, 2021
  4. Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

markweatherill, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

1. Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes - Similar Threads - Stuck rut laptop

2. Using my online games on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my online games on new laptop: Hello guys and gals I am receiving a new laptop this Friday, I am guessing that I can login to my games account from my new laptop and continue playing my games on the new laptop ( win 10 home ) thanks in advance 181817
  3. Laptop BSODed during class :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop BSODed during class :(: [ATTACH] I coudln't grab a photo of the BSOD, but I found logs in the Event Viewer. Anybody know what caused this and what it means? https://preview.redd.it/5fjnv61qdcn61.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f2ee600929dd329294a31c6236e3dd875add805 submitted by...
  4. I need help with this “No Connection, Secured” issue, please I have online classes

I need help with this “No Connection, Secured” issue, please I have online classes: Hello everyone, I have been getting this network issue where my internet just disconnects itself saying “No Connection, Secured” I have this issue for 2 days now, I have been watching videos of how to fix my problem. I have online classes and I really need to fix it right...
  5. BSOD help please, I need my pc for online classes

BSOD help please, I need my pc for online classes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BenjieOcampo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jofira/bsod_help_please_i_need_my_pc_for_online_classes/
  6. I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TacitusKilgore_1899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj9qjm/i_want_to_use_an_external_microphone_on_my_laptop/
  7. I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams

I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams: I was using OBS to record an online class and the teacher literally said that somebody was recording and asked to stop and delete the file, I quckly checked to see if somebody was using the record button on teams but it was disabled, is there a way they could know if you are...
  8. Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes: I downloaded RESPONDUS which is a lockdown browser without knowing that it accesses all of my privileges and know I cannot even uninstall an application and my computer lags all the time. How do I reset all of these to default? Uninstalling Respondus does not revert what it...
  9. Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches a new useful tool for your online classes or meetings: Microsoft has released a new beta update for its revamped PowerToys utilities for Windows 10, containing a new useful feature called “Video Conference Mute”. PowerToys is Microsoft’s collection of extremely handy tools to help users get more out of their Windows 10...
  10. issues with wifi disconnecting while streaming online class; laptop is not even 4 yrs old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issues with wifi disconnecting while streaming online class; laptop is not even 4 yrs old: help me please, while watching my lecture online the wifi connection on the laptop keeps on lagging and disconnecting. We've restarted the router which doesn't solve it, and the other pc in the house (surface pro) has no issues with disconnecting from the router or lag....