Windows 10: Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11

Discus and support Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11I'm stuck within a temporary profile. I edited the Regkey it doesn't work. The taskbar straight up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jo Yi-, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Jo Yi- Win User

Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11

Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11I'm stuck within a temporary profile. I edited the Regkey it doesn't work. The taskbar straight up disappeared. pLease help me. I am stuck in here. I'm trying to used the trouble shooting>advanced option method, but it requires my BitLocker key. Howvever, i couldn't find the key. Based on my microsoft account, it states that there are no recovery key. Would appreciate if anyone can help me to solve this issue! Thank you.

:)

Jo Yi-, Dec 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 26, 2021
  3. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Dec 26, 2021
  4. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Dec 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Stuck temporary profile

2. Windows 11 Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Temporary Profile: I administer a network of around 200 computers spread across 50 sites across Australia for an emergency service organisation. Several of the new Windows 11 builds that I have recently rolled out are experiencing Windows 11 logging into temporary profiles. I have experienced...
  3. Windows 11 Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Temporary Profile: I administer a network of around 200 computers spread across 50 sites across Australia for an emergency service organisation. Several of the new Windows 11 builds that I have recently rolled out are experiencing Windows 11 logging into temporary profiles. I have experienced...
  4. Windows 11 Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Temporary Profile: a user is on windows 11, locks her machine to walk away and when she unlocks it to enter her password it creates a temp profile, there are about 150 temp profiles on here now, the temp solution has been to choose other user which requires her to enter the user name and...
  5. Windows 11 Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Temporary Profile: a user is on windows 11, locks her machine to walk away and when she unlocks it to enter her password it creates a temp profile, there are about 150 temp profiles on here now, the temp solution has been to choose other user which requires her to enter the user name and...
  6. Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11: Stuck in a temporary profile in windows 11I'm stuck within a temporary profile. I edited the Regkey it doesn't work. The taskbar straight up disappeared. pLease help me. I am stuck in here. I'm trying to used the trouble shooting>advanced option method, but it requires my...
  7. Temporary Windows Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary Windows Profile: When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything. I can...
  8. Stuck at Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Temporary Profile: I really need help right now. So I restart my laptop and then suddenly Windows logged in in temporary profile and I panicked. And I try searching on the internet for fixes on how to fix logged in temporary profile. I tried these methods...
  9. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...