Windows 10: Stuck in advanced options - nothing works

Discus and support Stuck in advanced options - nothing works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help. I'm stuck in advanced options, with basically only the command prompt as a solution. I have backup files on HD, but won't recognise in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MonyaBindeman, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Stuck in advanced options - nothing works

Please help. I'm stuck in advanced options, with basically only the command prompt as a solution.

I have backup files on HD, but won't recognise in system image recovery. How do I fix this to reinstall windows?

:)

MonyaBindeman, Apr 6, 2020
  2. UNI
    Uni Win User

Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

3. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Stuck in advanced options - nothing works

Stuck on Advanced Startup Troubleshooting Options/Settings Windows 10

Hi, I'm asking for a friend. Earlier, his computer was stuck in an infinite Automatic Repair loop, so we disabled Automatic Repair through Command Prompt from Advanced Startup Options, turned off his computer, and turned it back on. Then, he ran into a blue
    screen, titled "Recovery", with error code 0x0000225 for file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system. From this screen, there are three listed options:

• Pressing "Enter" does nothing
    • Pressing "Esc" brings up the "Please wait" message and to the "Troubleshooting" screen
    • Pressing F8 brings up Startup Settings. Hooray!
    But here's the catch: all 10 of the startup settings (e.g., enable debugging, boot logging, safe modes, disable malware, etc.) simply sends his computer back to the Recovery screen that lists the error code 0x000025.

From the Troubleshooting screen to Advanced Options, he can't reset his PC because there isn't enough room on his disk. He can't system restore because he doesn't have any restore points. He can't load System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt,
    Startup Settings, or "Go back to the previous version", because he does not have Administrator rights. He can't sign in as an Administrator because "there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC".

He also tried inserting a Windows 7 disc out of desperation, but lo and behold: "Code 5: Cannot boot from disk".

In essence, his PC was permanently stuck on Automatic Repair, and now his PC is stuck on the Advanced Startup Settings/Options/Troubleshooting/Recovery screens. What can he do to rescue his computer from this unfortunate dilemma?

P.S. He runs only Window Defender, so anti-malware software should not be an issue.

Friday Sky, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in advanced options - nothing works

1. Stuck in advanced options - nothing works - Similar Threads - Stuck advanced options

2. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  3. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  4. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  6. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  7. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

8. Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options: Ever since September came, my laptop HP Pavilion x360 had started to slow down, hard. What I mean by that is that my taskbar kept disappearing every time I would open any application. So I uninstalled an update, as if I thought things would get better. But it had only gotten...
  9. Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options

Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options: Ever since September came, my laptop HP Pavilion x360 had started to slow down, hard. What I mean by that is that my taskbar kept disappearing every time I would open any application. So I uninstalled an update, as if I thought things would get better. But it had only gotten...
  10. Stuck in advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in advanced options: Hello, My Windows 10 is stuck in advanced options. I can use my keyboard and mouse. The only two options are, A. Shut down, or B. Touble Shooting. I have tried all forms of troubleshooting, but every attempt has given me no progress. There is no reset pc option. Nor rollback...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing works under advanced options windows 10