Windows 10: Stuck in an account verification loop

Discus and support Stuck in an account verification loop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I volunteer to do computer technical help in our local Senior Center. Yesterday I could not help one elderly person and I wonder if anyone else has an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arachnaut, Aug 5, 2016.

1. arachnaut Win User

Stuck in an account verification loop

I volunteer to do computer technical help in our local Senior Center.
    Yesterday I could not help one elderly person and I wonder if anyone else has an idea of how to proceed?

This person uses a Windows 8.1 laptop to read her email from Windows Live online.
    Her email is in 'hotmail.com' and she has had it for many years.

A few days ago she got a warning that she had to re-verify her account because someone else may have used it.
    She tried some things before she visited me.

When I tried to fix it, we went to the verify page and it asked her to verify using the secondary email account she had on record. That was a Yahoo account that she never used and it was now defunct.

So she tried the secondary method and added a new 'Outlook.com' email and managed to get a verify code.

However, when the verify code was entered she needed to go through some sort of additional approval.
    She had to answer a secret question, which she vaguely remembered (she set these things up a long time ago).

Still not happy with that, the account software asked her to supply contact names and some email subject lines.
    After she answered that, it still was not happy and demanded more info.

At this point we seemed to be in a loop and could not satisfy the account verifier.

After a few loops we were blocked out for 24 hours.

It was a very frustrating experience and I have no clue how to proceed.

This person has medical emails and other important stuff that she can no longer access.

:)

arachnaut, Aug 5, 2016
  2. BillKania Win User

coverting a adult account to a child

Hi, while setting up an account for a minor child, I inadvertently created it as an adult. I am trying to convert that account (adult) to a child account. I keep getting stuck in a verification loop. Any ideas??

Feeling stupid

BillKania, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Using family safety outside the US

Hi Jennifer,

I've been struggling with this exact same issue from Canada...but I can't get around it...my account is set for Canada and my daughter's account is set to Canada but it keeps asking for a US based credit card to complete my daughter account verification...I
    inquired numerous times to support and they have no resolution. Now, my daughter's account is 'stuck' in this verification loop. Help?

Robert Lang Can, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Stuck in an account verification loop

1. Stuck in an account verification loop - Similar Threads - Stuck account verification

2. Account sign in verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account sign in verification: I always used my home land line to get 2 step sign in call. It will no longer call the number and my account won't let me enter the number unless I use a cell number that I don't use. Also my phone is from Comcast and the call history says the call was made but it does not...
  3. account verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account verification: how do I opt out of all verification process the only person being hindered by this is not some expletive hacker it's me if this isn't possible time to buy MacBook Pro...
  4. computer stuck in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stuck in loop: My computer is constantly running a Repair Disk error program that says it could take up to 1 hour but has been running for 15 hours I have tried to reboot but with no success it just keeps reappearing How can I close it down Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  5. Texts for account verification

Texts for account verification: Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What should I be doing to protect my account?...
  6. Microsoft Community Account Verification?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Community Account Verification?: Hello, Whenever I have made a Microsoft Community account, there is always a period of time after I sign up that my replies will not go through and the "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again." error will come up. Is my account going through some type of verification?...
  7. Account Verification

Account Verification: When verifying the windows account give the last 4 digits of the account's mobile phone number and press send. Do not receive sms message with verification code on phone. Phone receives sms messages from other sources....
  8. Stuck in Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Repair loop: I commpressed my c drive to save space on my laptop. It shutdown midway through and hs been stuck ina ''diagnosing your pc'' ''system repair loop ever since. I have tried to factory reset but it always says something is wrong and no changes were made. I thought the problem...
  9. account verification

in Windows 10 Customization
    account verification: My password works on starting my computer, outlook and Microsoft online but I cannot get verified as the administrator on my computer with the same password. Any way to fix this without changing my password?...
  10. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Repair Loop: I recently updated to build 10130 and now I'm stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" -> Restart loop. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 6468