Windows 10: Stuck in an account verification loop

Discus and support Stuck in an account verification loop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I volunteer to do computer technical help in our local Senior Center. Yesterday I could not help one elderly person and I wonder if anyone else has an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arachnaut, Aug 5, 2016.

1. arachnaut Win User

Stuck in an account verification loop

I volunteer to do computer technical help in our local Senior Center.
    Yesterday I could not help one elderly person and I wonder if anyone else has an idea of how to proceed?

This person uses a Windows 8.1 laptop to read her email from Windows Live online.
    Her email is in 'hotmail.com' and she has had it for many years.

A few days ago she got a warning that she had to re-verify her account because someone else may have used it.
    She tried some things before she visited me.

When I tried to fix it, we went to the verify page and it asked her to verify using the secondary email account she had on record. That was a Yahoo account that she never used and it was now defunct.

So she tried the secondary method and added a new 'Outlook.com' email and managed to get a verify code.

However, when the verify code was entered she needed to go through some sort of additional approval.
    She had to answer a secret question, which she vaguely remembered (she set these things up a long time ago).

Still not happy with that, the account software asked her to supply contact names and some email subject lines.
    After she answered that, it still was not happy and demanded more info.

At this point we seemed to be in a loop and could not satisfy the account verifier.

After a few loops we were blocked out for 24 hours.

It was a very frustrating experience and I have no clue how to proceed.

This person has medical emails and other important stuff that she can no longer access.

:)

arachnaut, Aug 5, 2016
  2. BillKania Win User

coverting a adult account to a child

Hi, while setting up an account for a minor child, I inadvertently created it as an adult. I am trying to convert that account (adult) to a child account. I keep getting stuck in a verification loop. Any ideas??

Feeling stupid

BillKania, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Using family safety outside the US

Hi Jennifer,

I've been struggling with this exact same issue from Canada...but I can't get around it...my account is set for Canada and my daughter's account is set to Canada but it keeps asking for a US based credit card to complete my daughter account verification...I
    inquired numerous times to support and they have no resolution. Now, my daughter's account is 'stuck' in this verification loop. Help?

Robert Lang Can, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Stuck in an account verification loop

1. Stuck in an account verification loop - Similar Threads - Stuck account verification

2. Account verification doom loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account verification doom loop: After having my account verified with Microsoft's 30 day process, I then tried to update my security info and it wouldn't let me change my phone number without verifying my phone number. I'm trapped in circular land! How do I find a real person to update my phone number so my...
  3. Account verification doom loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account verification doom loop: After having my account verified with Microsoft's 30 day process, I then tried to update my security info and it wouldn't let me change my phone number without verifying my phone number. I'm trapped in circular land! How do I find a real person to update my phone number so my...
  4. Verification endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification endless loop: Hi Iv'e been trying for moths to grant consent to my kid as memeber to use his new PC. Never occured. Yesterday spent over 2 hours chatting with a Microsoft help desk memeber case 1046503066We tried removing the account, creating a new one for my kids, etc etc everything...
  5. Verification endless loop

Verification endless loop: Hi Iv'e been trying for moths to grant consent to my kid as memeber to use his new PC. Never occured. Yesterday spent over 2 hours chatting with a Microsoft help desk memeber case 1046503066We tried removing the account, creating a new one for my kids, etc etc everything...
  6. Verification endless loop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022: For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been...
  8. Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022: For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been...
  9. Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Account verification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account verification: Just bought a new HP computer. When I tell it to send a security code, it never arrives. E-mail account is current and active. I can verify my on-line account but not on the computer. Help!...