Windows 10: Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

Discus and support Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to reset my windows PC with the Shift + Restart method, and everything seemed to be going well up until it came time to reinstall Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MCLynch, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MCLynch Win User

Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

I wanted to reset my windows PC with the Shift + Restart method, and everything seemed to be going well up until it came time to reinstall Windows 10. An error message kept popping up with something along the lines of”The computer restarted unexpectedly.” I went to website that told me to use theRegistry Editor to fix this issue, however, after navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\ChildCompletion/setup.exeand changed Value Data from 1 to 3, my PC is now stuck in an endless reboot loop. Is there any non-invasive as in opening up the computer itself way to do this?

I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop, 32 gigs of storage incase the hardware might be the problem.

:)

MCLynch, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Patricia.Guenot, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

1. Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC - Similar Threads - Stuck Endless Reboot

2. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop: I installed some routine system updates earlier today and now my PC appears to be stuck in a reboot loop. It has been restarting consistent for over an hour. The start screen loads and says ASUS and that updates are installing and then restarts over and over.I've looked...
  3. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  4. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  5. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not happening: I still get the code &...
  6. Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop: My computer crashed tonight about 2 days after the last Windows 10 update and it is now stuck in an endless reboot cycle that cannot be fixed with any of the most common fixes. I was working on a group project when all 3 monitors went black and the computer restarted only for...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade: Its abit late but I decided to try and upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using the upgrade feature. Unfortunately I've run into a problem. Firstly though, during the upgrade process, it got stuck on 27% for a few hours. I had a power failure then and my PC was forced...
  8. Laptop stuck in reboot loop after Resetting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop after Resetting PC: Hi guys! I have an Asus GL553-VE, and it was slowing down so i decided to reset my PC. I chose to remove all files from the Windows drive, and let it do its thing. It was going fine, but now it's stuck in an endless loop of rebooting. The things that happen are: 1. The Asus...
  9. PC Stuck in reboot loop

PC Stuck in reboot loop: I selected the reset my pc using the reset pc option on windows 10 and i said it to remove everything including my personal files... Everything went on smoothly an option called american megatrend appeared and i pressed escape n then it suddenly shut down... Didn't restart...
  10. Endless boot loop after reset

Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...