Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work

Discus and support Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Issue before the issue(this description is optional i guess): I tried installing a m.2 ssd on my new laptop and everything seemed to go fine during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrHappy66, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MrHappy66 Win User

Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work

The Issue before the issue(this description is optional i guess): I tried installing a m.2 ssd on my new laptop and everything seemed to go fine during the cloning process. I soon realized the ssd wouldn't boot. Instead the internal hdd already in the laptop was being used as the boot device and the ssd was the c: drive. Everytime i tried to boot from the ssd, i would get a "no boot device found. press any key to restart the machine". So i tried the bootrec and diskpart commands and both drives ended up unbootable. After spending the whole day trying to boot these two without deleting anything, i created a windows recovery usb and was able to get the hdd to boot again but the ssd was removed as the primary drive and became the d: drive. This is when my issue arose

The Main Issue:
    So a windows update needed to be install and requested a restart. I had accidentally pressed shift when i pressed "update and restart". I got the usual "windows is starting" screen and the update was being uploaded. All seemed normal until the reboot went through and i got stuck in a automatic repair bootloop.

What I Tried: I attempted to use the command prompt once more to fix boot using bootrec. Didn't work because when i entered "bootrec /rebuildbcd" and selected the c: drive. Then i was given the "no system device was found". So i moved on to reinstalling windows from a windows recovery usb i created. It wouldn't let me install windows on any drive because "windows cannot be installed on a GPT partition". I tried restoring a system image but it says that it has run into an error. Restore points don't work because "system protection needed to be enabled". I finally tried to restore a factory image using the Dell SupportAssisst Recovery but it freezes on the "authenticating" pop-up.

I apologize for all the mess I have made and I appreciate any help. I just purchased this computer and i don't want to have to lose it *Sad

:)

MrHappy66, Jan 23, 2017
  2. Kadut. Win User

Nokia error

Nokia rm 1035 dual SIM, stuck in logo Nokia bootloop,. How to repair this?

Kadut., Jan 23, 2017
  3. Windows boot loop

My computer is stuck in bootloop where I get a green/blue screen, it says it will do automatic repair and restarts again to the same blue/green screen. One day it crashed abruptly and its been in the same state since. I have subscribed to windows insider
    build previews if that helps.

Ruthwik081, Jan 23, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

When Windows installs on a HDD, it creates a hidden System Partition. This has all of the boot information in it. If you leave your Windows HDD in the computer and install an SSD or a different HDD and install Windows, Windows will not create a new Hidden System Partition, but use the one on the mechanical HDD. If you remove the HDD then the computer will not boot.
    I would remove the Mechanical HDD, then run the BCEdit commands. If that fails, you can create a bootable UEFI/GPT bootable Flash drive using Rufus, in my signature, Creating a UEFI bootable Windows 10 (and Windows 7, 8 and 8.1) USB installer with Rufus - YouTube
    Boot off of that to install Windows on the SSD. Once Windows is installed, you then can reattach the HDD.

spunk, Jan 23, 2017
  5. MrHappy66 Win User
    Yes! Thank you! I managed to do something similar to this with a bootable USB I made with the windows creation tool. I just let the HDD sit in the laptop though cause the connector wouldn't come off. Different connector than I'm used to. I reinstalled windows 10 on the SSD and everything boots fine and I can finally boot from my SSD.
    Thank you for your response Spunk. I will take note of your method in case the problem arises again. Seems more reliable.

MrHappy66, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in Automatic Repair Bootloop and Recovery Options Won't Work - Similar Threads - Stuck Automatic Repair

2. Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs: I did a antivirus scan and set it to restart after it finished. And ever since then, my Asus rog strix g15 laptop has been stuck in this loop of auto repairs. Ive tried a lot of different things but none have seem to work. I don't hav a restore point so it wont let me do that...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key stuck with automatic repairs: I did a antivirus scan and set it to restart after it finished. And ever since then, my Asus rog strix g15 laptop has been stuck in this loop of auto repairs. Ive tried a lot of different things but none have seem to work. I don't hav a restore point so it wont let me do that...
  4. Stuck on Automatic Repair screen. System Recovery doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Automatic Repair screen. System Recovery doesnt work.: Shut down the computer while it was updating. Upon turning it back on, I was met with an infinite "automatic repair" loop for hours. Tried to shut down, turn on and press f11 to enter system recovery mode. But when I do that, I get the "please wait" loop, which doesn't go...
  5. Stuck on Automatic Repair screen. System Recovery doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Automatic Repair screen. System Recovery doesnt work.: Shut down the computer while it was updating. Upon turning it back on, I was met with an infinite "automatic repair" loop for hours. Tried to shut down, turn on and press f11 to enter system recovery mode. But when I do that, I get the "please wait" loop, which doesn't go...
  6. Stuck on Automatic Repair screen. System Recovery doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Automatic Repair Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Bootloop: I turned on my laptop and found myself at "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've tried everything but to no success.- Restarting didn't work- Using command prompt didn't work- I tried to factory reset my laptop and it asks me to input my password, I've put the correct password in...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair Bootloop Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing Automatic Repair Bootloop Issue: Hoping for some help here. I tired to boot up my PC this morning and it showed the Preparing Automatic Repair' screen and has been looping for probably 8 hours now. Tried all the troubleshooting, can't access the recovery environment or boot into safe mode or anything like...
  9. computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool: please help, all my children's homeschool work is on the computer, i don't know what to do. I think my daughter pressed the power button and then quickly pressed it again to turn it off. Since then, it's stuck in a bootloop but will not boot the recovery tool screen. After...
  10. Automatic repair won't work and stuck in continuous loading screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic repair won't work and stuck in continuous loading screen.: Hello, I was away for a week and when I came back home I went on my computer to play games, however, I could not play any games because they had all un-installed...I believe it is because my E: drive was corrupt (my E: drive is my main drive for some reason) then after 3 days...