Windows 10: Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop

Discus and support Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Currently I am stuck in this automatic repair /diagnosing PC loop. I force shutdown my lenovo G480 laptop as it was unable to get out of sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EUREKA, Aug 31, 2015.

1. EUREKA Win User

Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop

Currently I am stuck in this automatic repair /diagnosing PC loop. I force shutdown my lenovo G480 laptop as it was unable to get out of sleep mode and this happened. Currently every option I am given results in the same loop happening over or it just doesn't work. I cannot afford to lose the data in my laptop as it is work related. What are my choices now?

:)

EUREKA, Aug 31, 2015

2. HP laptop unable to boot.

I have a HP laptop that was on the Advanced setup menu. I played with stuff on that screen but now its stuck on a loop of "Preparing automatic repair then to Diagnosing your PC to Attempting repairs. After that it reboots and continues the loop. I am hoping
    to get back to the Advanced setup menu.

mikeygoy123, Aug 31, 2015
  3. ooboh Win User
    Black screen and multiple issues on Windows 10

Hi, thanks.

Sorry, there's another problem. Now every time I boot up my laptop, I am stuck in the infinite loop of "starting automatic repair" and "diagnosing your PC". Is there any way I could fix this?

ooboh, Aug 31, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Switch off the laptop, remove AC connection(if it's using the mains), remove the battery, press Power button for 20-30 Secs, leave it to rest for a while, reconnect everything, reboot and see whether it works.

brummyfan, Sep 1, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    If still stuck, my horrible fix (the only way I've found to get out of this) is to power up, then almost immediately disconnect power.

Then wait a couple of minutes and do a cold boot as above. You should then see the normal boot sequence, assuming nothing is faulty or corrupt.

One or two others have commented it's as if some sort of flag keeps the system in the automatic repair loop (presumably until it succeeds). The problem comes when it doesn't succeed. (And I've never seen it succeed!).

Same in Win 8/8.1.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop - Similar Threads - Stuck automatic repair

2. Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop: I left my PC unattended today and when i came back, it was on the Automatic Repair screen but when i try and do the repair it fails.I've done everything i can think of to get this working.Tried to boot into safe mode - won't work, goes back to the automatic repair screen.Run...
  3. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  4. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  5. Laptop stuck on automatic repair and diagnosing pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck on automatic repair and diagnosing pc.: Hi, when turning on my laptop it begins with automatic repair and then diagnosing pc, after this the blue screen shows up saying "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC. press "advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or "shut down" to turn off your PC....
  6. Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.

Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.: [IMG] Updated to Windows 10 feature update 2004 last night and then restarted the laptop. For 12 hours now, my laptop is stuck in this automatic repair loop and I swear I have tried all the troubleshooting methods. At this point, it's not even detecting my Windows login or...
  7. Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.: [IMG] Updated to Windows 10 feature update 2004 last night and then restarted the laptop. For 12 hours now, my laptop is stuck in this automatic repair loop and I swear I have tried all the troubleshooting methods. At this point, it's not even detecting my Windows login or...
  8. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I moved my PC recently and I forget to turn of the computer before unplugging it so I our it up stairs and once I plugged it tried to use the automatic repair but it popped up a blue screen saying my PC didn't start up correctly. I've tried nearly everything except...
  9. repair and diagnosing loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    repair and diagnosing loop: Hi all I just bought a hp 15 laptop with windows 10. turned it on did the set up which took 2 hr. by the way. Now its stuck on preparing and diagnosing your pc. Ive tried a few things, removed the battery, did start up repair, reset pc. any suggestions. or do i need to...
  10. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I wanted to format my SD Card (it is 4 partitions in EXT4), so opened diskmgmt and tried to delete all sd partitions. My PC's keyboard frozen, so i restarted pc and it keep restarting until I realized it is in boot loop, and i power off and power on pc. And windows...