Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop after fresh install onto new M.2

Discus and support Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop after fresh install onto new M.2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed an M.2 SSD into my Alienware Aurora R6 and reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch onto it. The operating system installed as normal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by solamon77, May 21, 2017.

1. solamon77 Win User

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop after fresh install onto new M.2

I recently installed an M.2 SSD into my Alienware Aurora R6 and reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch onto it. The operating system installed as normal, but whenever I reboot my computer, I get kicked into Automatic Repair. If I jam on the F12 button and manually boot from the hard drive I installed windows to (HDD2 - the M.2 SSD), it boots into Windows fine. I'm pulling my hair out here. How can I get this to stop? Isn't there anyway to have Windows Boot Manager automatically select the correct hard drive? On a side note, there is no way for me to just select the boot hard drive from BIOS. I have to select Windows Boot Manager. Anyone know what to do? Thanks in advance.

:)

solamon77, May 21, 2017

2. windows Update Has Broken My Computer

MS windows 10 update has broken my computer

stuck in an automatic repair loop for days

now just showing the boot menu

will MS cover the costs of the repair??

M

Michael_661, May 21, 2017
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Did you have any other disk in the PC when you installed Windows? In particular, is your old drive with Windows on it still in your PC?

Try removing or disconnecting any such disk, and, using Macrium Reflect's boot disk, use their Fix boot utility.

dalchina, May 21, 2017
  5. solamon77 Win User
    No. I disconnected all my other drives when I installed windows. After installing it, I re-hooked the old drives and formatted them. There is only one boot drive. Also, I don't have any DVD drives on my computer. I installed windows from a USB stick.

For the record, I'm really regretting not putting a DVD into my new computer. I figured they were out dated and wouldn't be needed. It's been nothing but a headache.

I'll give the Fix Boot utility a go and see what happens.

solamon77, May 21, 2017
  6. solamon77 Win User
    Wow. I am speechless. It worked and it worked fast and simple. I have been trying to manually edit my boot parameters with BCDEdit for I don't even know how long. Why have I never come across this fantastic program before?

Thank you so much! I see why your avatar is marked both Guru and VIP member. I award you 10 internets for your fantastic fix!

solamon77, May 21, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Excellent.. sometimes things get solved easily. All praise Macrium!

dalchina, May 21, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

I agree! I've found the Macrium boot repair facility superior to anything else I've tried, including manual bcdedti/bootrec.exe, NeoSmart Technologies' EasyBCD, and Bo Yans' Visual BCD tool. I keep a Macrium boot disk handy at all times, mostly to use the boot repair. See this article from the Macrium KnowlegeBase for more good info on using the tool: v5: How to fix Windows boot problems (Restore, Windows PE)
    Cheers!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop after fresh install onto new M.2 - Similar Threads - Stuck Automatic Repair

2. Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop: I left my PC unattended today and when i came back, it was on the Automatic Repair screen but when i try and do the repair it fails.I've done everything i can think of to get this working.Tried to boot into safe mode - won't work, goes back to the automatic repair screen.Run...
  3. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  4. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  5. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  6. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  7. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop after installing a new cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop after installing a new cpu: I installed my new ryzen 7 3700x cpu into my asus prime a320m-k motherboard and when I turn the pc on it boots into preparing automatic repair. the circle doesn’t even get half way round before the entire process repeating itself....
  8. Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop: [IMG]So, I restarted my Asus laptop and this poped up. Whenever I try to proceed by entering the password, it tells me it's wrong. And when I try to restart my laptop, I'm getting stuck on the same page again. Does anyone know how could this be possibly fixed?...
  9. Computer with New M.2 gets stuck at reboot even on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer with New M.2 gets stuck at reboot even on a fresh install: HP Envy 750-247c i7-6700/24gb ram/nvidia 980ti/700W psu/SATA Sandisk SSD 960G/m.2 nvme Silicon Power gen3x4 1TB ECFM12.2. If I use the M.2 as the boot drive (with or without SATA SSD as second drive) the computer won't reboot properly, either gets stuck just before showing...
  10. Stuck in automatic repair loop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in automatic repair loop after update: I own a relatively new computer (May 2019) and upon updating, I get greeted with the option to choose a keyboard layout. I choose US and am asked to troubleshoot or turn off my pc. Clicking troubleshoot greets me with sevral options to help, none of which have worked to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic repair loop after fresh install