Windows 10: Stuck in automatic repair loop

Discus and support Stuck in automatic repair loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop appears to be stuck in an automatic repair loop. The error comes up as C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I cannot:Restore to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LynneParker-Jones, May 20, 2021.

1. Stuck in automatic repair loop

My desktop appears to be stuck in an automatic repair loop. The error comes up as C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I cannot:Restore to an earlier pointStart in safe mode through the recovery screenReset I am trying to keep my filesUninstall updatesI have tried using CHKDSKsfc / scannowbcdeditI have tried booting through the media recovery drive. Nothing works!Please help, I have also just found out that my backup drive hasn't been working correctly ; I really don't want to lose my files.TIA

:)

LynneParker-Jones, May 20, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 20, 2021
  3. Stuck on automatic repair loop

Hi Gurupad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have stuck on automatic repair loop after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2021
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Stuck in automatic repair loop

Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Stuck in automatic repair loop

1. Stuck in automatic repair loop - Similar Threads - Stuck automatic repair

2. Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop: I left my PC unattended today and when i came back, it was on the Automatic Repair screen but when i try and do the repair it fails.I've done everything i can think of to get this working.Tried to boot into safe mode - won't work, goes back to the automatic repair screen.Run...
  3. Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in an Automatic Repair loop: I left my PC unattended today and when i came back, it was on the Automatic Repair screen but when i try and do the repair it fails.I've done everything i can think of to get this working.Tried to boot into safe mode - won't work, goes back to the automatic repair screen.Run...
  4. Stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in automatic repair loop: Hi, I've got a problem with my Alcatel plus 10 convertible tablet. I can't access W10 at all. The device is stuck in an automatic repair loop, it goes like this: the alcatel logo >> this blue screen in spanish, sorry >> alcatel logo again >> alcatel logo preparing for...
  5. Stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in automatic repair loop: Hi, I've got a problem with my Alcatel plus 10 convertible tablet. I can't access W10 at all. The device is stuck in an automatic repair loop, it goes like this: the alcatel logo >> this blue screen in spanish, sorry >> alcatel logo again >> alcatel logo preparing for...
  6. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  7. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hello therei'm having an issue with my PC booting up. basically i'm locked in an endless automatic repair loop unless i select "disable driver signature enforcement" in the advanced troubleshoot menu. that at least allows me to access my desktop.problem is though i have to do...
  8. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop

Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop: Hi there, Since yesterday, my laptop has been stuck on Automatic Repair loop. It shows SrtTrail.txt log. I tried troubleshooting it automatically and it got stuck on the loop. I tried restoring; the message that appeared read "successful" but after restarting, it got back...
  10. Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop

Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop: [IMG]So, I restarted my Asus laptop and this poped up. Whenever I try to proceed by entering the password, it tells me it's wrong. And when I try to restart my laptop, I'm getting stuck on the same page again. Does anyone know how could this be possibly fixed?...