Windows 10: Stuck in black screen during computer reset

Discus and support Stuck in black screen during computer reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Name1MK, May 26, 2022.

1. Name1MK Win User

Stuck in black screen during computer reset

I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do? Wait more? It doesnt look like its progressing anything, its just a black screen without a cursor or anythingSorry for lack of pictures,im using my phoneIm reseting both of my 1TB hds and have no ssds

:)

Name1MK, May 26, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Resetting normally up to 25% and then Black screen.

Hi Maki,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "it needs more time or it stuck somehow", what is the current status of the issue? Is the computer still stuck at black screen or in process of resetting the computer?

If the computer in process of resetting, then I suggest you to wait for some time.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about black screen issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on issue with black screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 26, 2022
  3. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 26, 2022
  4. bdxoul Win User

My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

Hello There Everyone.

I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work.
    Steps i did
    *i tried to startup repair on advance menu
    *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)
    *i have Uninstalled recent update.
    My pc specs
    *Acer Veriton
    *64 bit
    *windows 10
    Please help me to solve out

bdxoul, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Stuck in black screen during computer reset - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer: Ive been having bsods with kernal data in page error and critical process died errors. Ive used SFC, diagnosed memory, chkdsk, downloaded new bios, new chipset drivers and a new PSU. So now I've reset the computer and it's been stuck on a back page with just the loading...
  3. Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer: Ive been having bsods with kernal data in page error and critical process died errors. Ive used SFC, diagnosed memory, chkdsk, downloaded new bios, new chipset drivers and a new PSU. So now I've reset the computer and it's been stuck on a back page with just the loading...
  4. Computer stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen: My computer has been stuck on a black screen with a cursor, I've tried everything and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-on-black-screen/09b2e030-d065-4ad4-bfed-6d8911ada148
  5. Computer stuck on black screen

Computer stuck on black screen: My computer has been stuck on a black screen with a cursor, I've tried everything and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-on-black-screen/09b2e030-d065-4ad4-bfed-6d8911ada148
  6. Computer stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in black screen during computer reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in black screen during computer reset: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  8. Stuck in black screen during computer reset

Stuck in black screen during computer reset: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  9. Black screen during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during reset: Hey hey so I work in tech support and deal with apple computers so I’m really noob at Windows when it comes to troubleshooting them, my windows 10 pc was filled with junk and I wanted to erase completely , I selected remove everything , and went with the default setting for...
  10. My computer appears stuck on black screen during full reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer appears stuck on black screen during full reset: I'm afraid I cant tell you about the model of the computer I have, as this is an old computer that has been with us for years and was not doing that well. I do however know that this computer has 2 drives, C and D, together adding up to a total of 1tb of storage. Due to...