Windows 10: Stuck in black screen when in sleep

Discus and support Stuck in black screen when in sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has been doing this for a while now and I don't know how to fix it. Every time my laptop goes to sleep, the HDD light doesn't switch off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kendra Nisaka, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Stuck in black screen when in sleep

My laptop has been doing this for a while now and I don't know how to fix it. Every time my laptop goes to sleep, the HDD light doesn't switch off and the fan keeps running. When I press the power button, move my mouse, or press any key, my laptop gets stuck in a black screen and is unable to do anything. When this happens I can only force shut down my laptop by holding the power key.

Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? And is there a way to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Home on an ASUS VivoBook

:)

Kendra Nisaka, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksStuck in black screen when in sleep :)

Hendry, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck in black screen when in sleep

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in black screen when in sleep

1. Stuck in black screen when in sleep - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  3. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  4. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  6. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  7. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at black screen: My windows 10 laptop is not booting up. It's stuck at black screen. It showed fixing disk C. Then it finished the process. But then it's stuck at black screen. Can someone please help!! I don't know what to do submitted by /u/ameensj [link] [comments]...
  9. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.: Hello, First of all, I can't remember when and how this started, but definitely after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. So, my screen (Acer LCD, connected to GTX 560 with 1 meter DVI cable) started going black (power light on, background light completely...