Windows 10: Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Discus and support Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shawna, Jan 28, 2019.

1. shawna Win User

Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot.

Here's what I tried -

Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):
    • System restore - no restore points have been created.
    • Startup Repair - did not work ("couldn't repair your PC"). Log file contains "Failure while setup is in progress".
    • Uninstall updates - unable to uninstall feature update ("we ran into a problem"). Was able to uninstall quality update 3 times but I'm not sure it's doing anything (still not booting).
    • chkdsk /r C: found no bad sectors.
    • sfc /scannow /offbootdir /offwindir found some bad data, but looking at the log it looks like these are just temporary files.
    • bootrec /fixmbr works but bootrec /fixboot prints "Access is denied" (I mounted the EFI partition and ran bcdboot but still got the same error).

Kyhi’s Rescue Disk:
    • I see my data on the C / system partition, so it doesn't look like the whole disk is corrupted.
    • I tried to enable safe mode by modifying the boot loader with EasyBCD to wait for my input on boot, but when I press F8 and choose safe mode the computer just reboots again.

Any suggestions on what else I can try before doing a clean install?

Log files: logs.zip

:)

shawna, Jan 28, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Lenovo G50 stuck in boot loop after windows update

Hi,

My computer is Lenovo G50 with windows 10. After my windows updated itself yesterday it got stuck in boot loop. It has a black screen with Lenovo text and error message saying "Install windows. Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows
    on this computer , restart the installation." When pressing OK or X it boots and repeats the text.

I was able to get into windows 10 boot menu by pressing reset button. I tried to start in Safe Mode but then the text changed "Can't install windows in Safe Mode".

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

TaskulamppuFixaaja, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

1. Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop - Similar Threads - Stuck boot loop

2. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  3. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  4. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  5. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  6. Lenovo stuck in boot loop

Lenovo stuck in boot loop: Hi my Lenovo Flex 5 performed an update and is now useless.It has got stuck in the boot loop with constant blue screen of death.It wont allow me to reset the machine.It will not allow any unstallation of either quality or feature updates.It runs in to errors when it trys to...
  7. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

Laptop stuck in a boot loop: So I turned off my laptop one night normally and thought nothing of it, until in the morning when it booted up and showed the Windows logo with the "Fixing C: Stage 1 14% n of n 7% ETA 0:02:11" prompt on the bottom, I let it run for around and hour until it reached 20%, but I...
  8. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt: Hi, My Lenovo G510 laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 updateand i had to force shutdown, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous...
  9. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt: Hi, My Lenovo laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 update, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous updates had issues, but seemingly ran...
  10. Laptop stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in boot loop: I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please help....