Windows 10: Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?

Discus and support Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my computer started to not wake back up (black screen) when it was put to sleep, then it would freeze everything randomly for around 30 secs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TechnicallyTactical, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?

So my computer started to not wake back up (black screen) when it was put to sleep, then it would freeze everything randomly for around 30 secs and unfreeze. I thought I fixed it by redoing my audio drivers. Then finally it stopped booting (black screen).

So I put a fresh install of windows on it. After installing some of the main drivers from the motherboard website and restarting, it gave me a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on boot. I got through to windows one more time and after another restart it now only gives a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED on boot.

Using the troubleshooting menu I tried to fix startup which said unable and I tried to reset and it told me it can't reset this PC.

I also tried to remove the graphics card, and both ram sticks (separately) to see if it would boot without those. The same blue screen came up in all three.

Last piece of information is when I go into BIOS, my other 2 HDD are not showing up anymore. When I first did the fresh install they were showing up.

I don't want to have to try and install windows again if this is seeming more like a hardware problem, maybe it's my M.2 drive failing? Or possibly my ram is bad and already broke windows regardless if I removed the sticks? I just don't know what the best way to test what is causing the problem. Is it possible to have a virus running from my HDD drives?

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm having a rough time with this.

Specs: Intel 8700k Geforce 2060 16gb vengeance M.2 samsung evo 4tb HDD 8tb HDD Tuf Z370-Pro Gaming Motherboard

submitted by /u/TechnicallyTactical
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TechnicallyTactical, Oct 15, 2020

2. Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Louis12349, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Louis12349, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?

Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get
    to the Windows desktop.

No major hardware or software changes were made leading up to this.

What other options can I personally do?

Nickykabob, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?

1. Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem? - Similar Threads - Stuck boot loop

2. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  3. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  4. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop: Hi,I recently built a new desktop computer and have run into a number of bsod issues I have been able to fix... until now!I was gaming and my computer suddenly shut down. As it was rebooting, it ran into a BSOD with the critical_process_died error. The automatic startup...
  6. Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop

Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop: Hi,I recently built a new desktop computer and have run into a number of bsod issues I have been able to fix... until now!I was gaming and my computer suddenly shut down. As it was rebooting, it ran into a BSOD with the critical_process_died error. The automatic startup...
  7. Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix

Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix: Today i was casualty Gaming when my pc hardly slowed down so i decieded to restart it, after doing so blue screen appeared with code error: Critical process died when it tried to repair it Another blue screen appeared when it was said the repair couldnt be done and it just...
  8. Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix: Today i was casualty Gaming when my pc hardly slowed down so i decieded to restart it, after doing so blue screen appeared with code error: Critical process died when it tried to repair it Another blue screen appeared when it was said the repair couldnt be done and it just...
  9. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  10. Critical process died and I'm stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical process died and I'm stuck in boot loop: I was installing an application on my USB drive and the installation screwed up halfway and it jacked up my pc. I did a hard shutdown and now I'm stuck in boot loop. It wont let me factory reset because it keeps saying it's unable. It won't let me go back to the previous...