Windows 10: Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

Discus and support Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ugh! Running Win 10 (I think Home edition, but not certain because I had a new hard drive installed a couple of months ago). 64-bit. 3 days ago the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RebeccaSapp, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

Ugh!

Running Win 10 (I think Home edition, but not certain because I had a new hard drive installed a couple of months ago). 64-bit.

3 days ago the computer did an update over night. In the morning, I was unable to see either of my monitors, which were plugged into the Nvidia graphics card. I unplugged one monitor, plugged it into a separate HDMI port and got my screen. I tried a system restore to an earlier date, but that didn't work. So, I went into BIOS to re-enable multi-monitor. However, the computer still wasn't recognizing the graphics card. I went back into BIOS and enabled Vt-D (no, I do not know why I tried that), but I got the Blue Screen of Death, Critical Process Died message. Yikes. I went back into BIOS and disabled Vt-D, but I still get the Critical Process Died error.

It continues to loop back to the BSOD. I can't enter safe mode, I can't go back to an earlier restore point, I can't restore, and I can't reset. I created a Win 10 media CD and booted from that, but it tells me that the installation is not compatible and I have to install from my computer, which I obviously can't do. So, I am stuck in an eternal loop of death.

HELP!

:)

RebeccaSapp, Nov 29, 2019

2. Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Louis12349, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Louis12349, Nov 29, 2019
  4. sibiE1 Win User

Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

critical process died

I have been using windows 10 for 1 year. But now, i am getting BSOD error 'critical process died'. I couldn't restore it to previous point nor could i reset my PC. I am just unable to come out of this problem. Please Help!!

sibiE1, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

1. Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10 - Similar Threads - Stuck BSOD Critical

2. Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop: Hi,I recently built a new desktop computer and have run into a number of bsod issues I have been able to fix... until now!I was gaming and my computer suddenly shut down. As it was rebooting, it ran into a BSOD with the critical_process_died error. The automatic startup...
  3. Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in BSOD critical process died loop: Hi,I recently built a new desktop computer and have run into a number of bsod issues I have been able to fix... until now!I was gaming and my computer suddenly shut down. As it was rebooting, it ran into a BSOD with the critical_process_died error. The automatic startup...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical process died in bsod loop, unable to reset PC in troubleshooting

Critical process died in bsod loop, unable to reset PC in troubleshooting: I rebooted my pc and now I get an infinite loop from bsod saying the critical process died. I don't know what to do anymore when I try to do a system restore, it says to enable system protection, when I try to reset my pc in the troubleshooting tab, it won't let me say that...
  8. Win 10 Critical process died

Win 10 Critical process died: Hi, Windows 10 won't boot showing critical process died. Auto repair doesn't work, sfc scannow and Chkdsk find no errors. Dism image cleanup won't run, and system restore also fails. Any ideas, I'm at the end of my tether?...
  9. Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode: My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical process died"...
  10. win 10 BSOD - Critical process died.

win 10 BSOD - Critical process died.: Hi. looking for help. Using as an IT support/general office machine. Get BSOD 4-6 times daily. As yet to determine what is causing. Have been removing software after each BSOD. Win 10 Pro on Dell OptiPlex 380. Upgraded to 8gb mem and SSD. Logs attached. Thank you in...