Windows 10: Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon

Discus and support Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, guys and gals! I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by blenderman, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not, and my system can't find any newer build to update to. I can't change to the fast ring because that's one of the bugs of this build.... I don't want to wake up on the 1'st of October not being able use my PC.

Any idea on how I can solve this or any info on the new build for the slow ring?

:)

blenderman, Sep 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 Insider Upgrades

My laptop is stuck at Build 14905. Upgrades past that build complete, but leave the W10 desktop with graphics issues (White blocks where commands and icons should be. It makes it impossible to navigate or use any utilities and I have to revert back to 14905.
    Latest failed upgrade was 14931.

Meanwhile I'm getting warnings that 14905 will expire. Does anyone have a solution?

KeithHermle, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Stuck on Insider Preview 14905

II updated to Windows 10 preview build 14905 a while ago and have not thought about the no update but then a few days ago I got this message when I started my PC "This build will expire soon" And when I check the updates it says I'm up to date and I'm
    just worried because my PC won't be able to boot after it expires.

AndreasSawfishpro34, Sep 23, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon

One thing you can do is switch to the fast ring and get the latest build, 14393. The expiration date on that is 5/2017. After the update is done you can go back to the slow ring.

Otherwise I don't know if there is a more current insider build ISO that you can download.
    HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2016
  5. That would be awesome, thanks *Biggrin (I can't send PMs yet)

blenderman, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Right now I can't switch rings and I'm stuck in the slow one although I always was in the fast ring..

blenderman, Sep 25, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll send along my email address in a PM and we can go from there.

Glad to help out
    Jeff *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

@Bunny J, Jeff, we don't want threads being done by PMs or in private. All work and suggestions are to be done in the thread, for the benefit of the other helpers and for future people with the same issues, who may need to know.

essenbe, Sep 25, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. I'll keep this in mind. What he can do is download the latest build(stable) install that and jump into the insider program,, get the latest build and when all of that is done go back to the slow lane.

It's a bit more complex but it should work out. Get the media creation tool and go from there.

Hopefully the OP does't have much software/apps installed when he reinstalls 10.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2016
  10. Sadly I do have lots of programs installed :/
    So I'll have to wait for the weekend to have enough time to do this. So until then I'll pray for a new update so this won't be necessary Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon :))

blenderman, Sep 25, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    OP is on 14905, so 14393 will not work will it? He would have to clean install?

What I usually do in this situation is install 14393 in a VM unactivated, join Insider, wait till it upgrades to latest version, extract the install.esd file and convert it to an iso using the tutorial in this forum (letter E). Then you can use iso to upgrade to latest Insider version.

cereberus, Sep 25, 2016
  12. Oh, I thought there should be a way to avoid the clean install!
    I was about to ask you to give me the link to the tutorial or more precise directions at least, but then I noticed that there is a tutorial index, that's cool *Biggrin
    Thanks a lot for the idea!

blenderman, Sep 26, 2016
  13. Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon

It worked!

I'm replying so late because I had to do this 2 times (the first time I accidentally installed the Home version on the VM and I originally had Pro... ). But in the end it worked out.

Thanks a lot for your help *Biggrin

blenderman, Sep 30, 2016
  14. MadCabbit Win User
    I also set the slow ring and have no upgrade option, stuck in expired status. I was in the fast ring before, but changed it a while back, either because of an issue with a build, or I had some other problem, and forgot about it. That Microsoft would have the oversight to forget about the slow ring is rather irritating.

Edit: its possible I could have changed after 14905 was installed, though I could swear it was before the anniversary update. Still, it would be nice if some kind of check was put in for anyone switching to the slow ring from the fast ring that this might happen, or at least warn before it starts rebooting every few hours to take some sort of action.

MadCabbit, Oct 1, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    Read my replies in this thread how to solve issue which OP followed and solved issue.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon - Similar Threads - Stuck build 14905

2. Build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build of windows will expire soon: "Build of windows will expire soon 31/10/21"I've been having this notification for the past few months and it's extremley irritating. Everytime i'm focused on a task this message pop ups and exits all of my tabs and current work. I was wondering if there is any way to stop...
  3. Build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build of windows will expire soon: "Build of windows will expire soon 31/10/21"I've been having this notification for the past few months and it's extremley irritating. Everytime i'm focused on a task this message pop ups and exits all of my tabs and current work. I was wondering if there is any way to stop...
  4. Build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. This build of Windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This build of Windows will expire soon: Split from this thread.how to solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-build-of-windows-will-expire-soon/1f8bf258-16b9-4b06-aeba-8268a52cc370
  6. This build of Windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This build of Windows will expire soon: Split from this thread.how to solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-build-of-windows-will-expire-soon/1f8bf258-16b9-4b06-aeba-8268a52cc370
  7. This build would expire soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This build would expire soon: Split from this thread. Hi I am getting the same error, i have never upgraded my op system this is what was delivered on my laptop all i have done is just Updates, so how has these happened. Paul J...
  8. This build of Windows will expire soon

This build of Windows will expire soon: Since Yesterday I keep getting a pop-up window with message: "This build of Windows will expire soon Your build of Windows will expire on 31-07-2020. You should move to a new build as soon as possible. Go online for more information." On clicking "More Info" windows opens...
  9. This build of windows will expire soon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This build of windows will expire soon.: I am getting a this build of windows will expire soon popup on Windows Insider Build 20161.1000. How do i sole this. I have checked that my account is still there in windows insider? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments]...
  10. Stuck on 14905

Stuck on 14905: I'm stuck on this update. When I check for updates I get nothing, even though i see some other new versions are released (14935). Yes, I'm in the fast ring. 62062