Windows 10: Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Discus and support Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cyberdelia, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update process fine and shut off. But, when I turn it back on, it will say something along the lines of "couldn't complete updates, undoing changes." I wouldn't care, except that next time I go to power off my computer, it'll force me to install updates again, and it will always fail! I'm stuck in an infinite loop! All the forum posts and Microsoft fix it programs are for past operating systems, so I'm not sure what to do. I couldn't care less about the update, I'm just sick of it wasting my time. Thanks for any help!

:)

Cyberdelia, Jul 24, 2016
  2. dloh1213 Win User

3/14/17 update issues with cumulative update

My computer originally went into a loop where I couldn't log in or if I could it wouldn't go any further, just freeze. I did a restore and checked what updates went through and all the latest other than the cumulative went through fine. I tried to shut
    down my computer last night without initializing the cumulative update but wasn't given that option so went ahead and did the "Update and Shutdown" option. Since then it went through 3 loops of trying to complete update process and has since been stuck at
    "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer." I can't get out of this screen and it seems to have no end...what needs to be done?

dloh1213, Jul 24, 2016
  3. We need to make some changes to your update. We'll keep trying???

The computer is stuck on the orange screen that says "we couldn't complete the updates

EllenCarpenter, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

1. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop - Similar Threads - Stuck couldn't complete

2. computer is stuck in "update" loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer is stuck in "update" loop: Hi, I recently got a new laptop and found it didn't have enough memory, so to get it ready to send back I wiped the data from it. However I learned of something I could do about the memory, so I turned it back on and it showed the dell logo then asked me for my country...
  3. Stuck in update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in update loop: After 34 years and thousands of dollars spent on Microsoft and related products I am pricing Macs now unless I can solve this. I am running Windows 10 Home version 1709. This was a free upgrade from Windows 7. This upgrade was over two years ago. I will not go into previous...
  4. windows 10 :error couldn't complete update

windows 10 :error couldn't complete update: i need some techincal support operator to help me my windows 10 wont update to the newest version of windows 10 for the 2017 update each time i try to get the trouble shooter it wouldnt let me update windows after it asked me to restart it would install and then say try again...
  5. Completely stuck

Completely stuck: My computer had an issue where all wifi options would shut off and only airplane mode would show. I then restarted my laptop (Asus windows 10) and it went back to normal but about a week later the problem would keep occurring until on one restart my computer refused to go to...
  6. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...
  7. Stuck on update loop

Stuck on update loop: I am not sure where else to post this I am having a huge problem for a while now with my windows 10 desktop it will go into update mode but about half the update it says "we couldnt complete the updates undoing changes" and restarts my pc, it does this in an infinite loop and...
  8. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

"We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare: Hi, On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes while it claims to be updating. Not only this, but it has to reboot to boot up WITHOUT the updates that for no apparent...
  9. Windows update stuck on a loop

Windows update stuck on a loop: When I went into windows update. It was already checking for updates. It found a definition update for windows defender kb2267602 but is stuck downloading 0%. And just not moving, it's not had a chance to find todays cumulative updates yet! But the concerning thing is the...
  10. Couldn't Complete Updates

Couldn't Complete Updates: I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' It never leaves this page. I've tried restarting to enter safe mode but it doesn't work, I keep ending...