Windows 10: Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Discus and support Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cyberdelia, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

Almost every time I turn on my Windows 10 laptop, when I go to power off the only option will be "update and shut down." So it'll go through the update process fine and shut off. But, when I turn it back on, it will say something along the lines of "couldn't complete updates, undoing changes." I wouldn't care, except that next time I go to power off my computer, it'll force me to install updates again, and it will always fail! I'm stuck in an infinite loop! All the forum posts and Microsoft fix it programs are for past operating systems, so I'm not sure what to do. I couldn't care less about the update, I'm just sick of it wasting my time. Thanks for any help!

:)

Cyberdelia, Jul 24, 2016
  2. dloh1213 Win User

3/14/17 update issues with cumulative update

My computer originally went into a loop where I couldn't log in or if I could it wouldn't go any further, just freeze. I did a restore and checked what updates went through and all the latest other than the cumulative went through fine. I tried to shut
    down my computer last night without initializing the cumulative update but wasn't given that option so went ahead and did the "Update and Shutdown" option. Since then it went through 3 loops of trying to complete update process and has since been stuck at
    "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer." I can't get out of this screen and it seems to have no end...what needs to be done?

dloh1213, Jul 24, 2016
  3. We need to make some changes to your update. We'll keep trying???

The computer is stuck on the orange screen that says "we couldn't complete the updates

EllenCarpenter, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop

1. Stuck in "couldn't complete updates" loop - Similar Threads - Stuck couldn't complete

2. pc stuck on couldn't complete the updates. Redoing changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc stuck on couldn't complete the updates. Redoing changes.: Hello,It has been 2 days since im encountering with an issue. Whenever I shutdown my pc, It starts to update and restarts. After restarting, coming to 99% it now says couldn't complete the updates. redoing changes, please don't turn off your computer. This process takes 2-3...
  3. pc stuck on couldn't complete the updates. Redoing changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc stuck on couldn't complete the updates. Redoing changes.: Hello,It has been 2 days since im encountering with an issue. Whenever I shutdown my pc, It starts to update and restarts. After restarting, coming to 99% it now says couldn't complete the updates. redoing changes, please don't turn off your computer. This process takes 2-3...
  4. pc stuck on couldn't complete the updates. Redoing changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes": Hello Everybody,I am not able to find any way in windows 10 to disable automatic updates. I had paused the updates advanced options, additional updates controls and settings, pause updates, but now the OS says: "The pause limit has been reached; You'll need to install the...
  6. Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes"

Endless Loop: Win10 says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing Changes": Hello Everybody,I am not able to find any way in windows 10 to disable automatic updates. I had paused the updates advanced options, additional updates controls and settings, pause updates, but now the OS says: "The pause limit has been reached; You'll need to install the...
  7. We couldn't complete the updates.

We couldn't complete the updates.: So every time i start my pc i got the message "we couldn't complete the updates", i managed to enter safe mode, what do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates/fd6ceaf8-d01a-40be-8f03-7fd0601176f6
  8. "We couldn't complete the updates"

"We couldn't complete the updates": So I'm here still waiting for my pc to finish the same thing that happens since you released the 20H2 update: it tries to update but then it says that it couldn't, so every time i turn on the system i have to wait like 15 minutes and watch this process. All the money that...
  9. Couldn't complete the update loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn't complete the update loop: So there were two updates that I have received that I have tried to install on my laptop. It was KB4569751 and KB4565351. These are the lines in the log: https://pastebin.pl/view/9bc8c60a Edit: I tried everything I can find but luckily it boots back up again. Now I'm afraid...
  10. Couldn't Complete Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Couldn't Complete Updates: I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' It never leaves this page. I've tried restarting to enter safe mode but it doesn't work, I keep ending...