Windows 10: Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

Discus and support Stuck in Diagnostic Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running latest version of Win 10 Pro updated to latest. I used msconfig to boot into diagnostic mode to fix a printer problem. When Windows opened it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobZ, May 12, 2021.

1. BobZ Win User

Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

Running latest version of Win 10 Pro updated to latest. I used msconfig to boot into diagnostic mode to fix a printer problem. When Windows opened it said my Pin was not usable and that I should use my password. I haven't used the password in a long time and have forgotten it. I tried every Microsoft, Live password I have saved, but all were rejected. I tried to reset the password and that, too, was rejected. How do I get back to Normal boot?

:)

2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, May 12, 2021
  3. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, May 12, 2021
  4. RyRy74 Win User

Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

Stuck in diagnostic mode, can't successfully boot windows

I have been attempting to perform a clean installation of Windows 10, but, due to the fact that it is "stuck" in diagnostic mode, I have been unable to successfully load my desktop! All of the answers which I have received so far have been somewhat helpful,
    except for my main issue: WINDOWS WILL NOT LOAD, how do I exit diagnostic mode so that I may load my desktop so that I can follow the steps outlined by the answers that I've gotten from your community? All of my questions have been answered helpfully, except
    for the most important one! I have been going round and round and round and am unable to even begin to follow the steps because I CANNOT LOAD MY DESKTOP

RyRy74, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

1. Stuck in Diagnostic Mode - Similar Threads - Stuck Diagnostic Mode

2. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  3. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  4. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode.: I was messing around with settings and out of curiosity I put my computer into diagnostic mode, now it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available." So I go and try to use my password instead, but it says that my password isn't correct.I've tried safe mode and I've...
  7. Disable Diagnostic mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Diagnostic mode: Through msconfig i selected Diagnostic startup option and rebotted it. Upon reboot the manufacturer logo apperas and after that a black screen with loading sign. nothin happens after this state. I tried reinstallation of windows through MCT but it failed. When i select safe...
  8. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help: I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN...
  9. Stuck In Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck In Diagnostic Startup: I messed up my computer and need some real expert help to straighten this one out. Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated. Details are below: MY SYSTEM: Dell E6400 Upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 Pro (so directories after c prompt show old folders and Win10...
  10. Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode.: In the diagnostic startup mode there's no search so I can't run msconfig. Is there another way to do run this? I got to where I'm at now by running msconfig, staying on the general tab (not the boot), unchecking normal startup, then checking diagnostic. No matter what I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck in diagnostic startup msconfig