Windows 10: Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

Discus and support Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yogev Neuwirth, May 2, 2022.

1. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant run Windows in normal mode.Basically what I tried to do to fix it is to manage to run in safe mode and then choose normal boot in msconfig.I tried the following :1. Turn on & off 3 times in a row to access advanced boot options - no success. still stuck2. Press F8 / F10 / F 12 while loading to access the boot options - n

:)

Yogev Neuwirth, May 2, 2022
  2. Time Lady Win User

Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

Thanks for the update. I copied the code exactly as written & it was wrong. :/

Try: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

Try sfc within safe mode: sfc /scannow

Have you tried restoring to ‘Last known good configuration’?

Try these further suggestions:

https://domainwebcenter.com/do-not-use-msconfig...

Unfortunately all answers I can find say the same as I’ve already posted, the final option is to do a clean install of Windows.

Time Lady, May 2, 2022
  3. Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

Thank you again, but it doesn't help also

that "diagnostic startup" has nothing to do with any safeboot option in think, it's a completely different approach and nobody seems to know how to disable it other then from within msconfig general tab, but that option I do not have

Daniel Mehrwald, May 2, 2022
  4. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 2, 2022
Thema:

Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

1. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig - Similar Threads - Stuck Diagnostic Startup

2. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  3. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  4. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  5. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  6. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  7. Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup: Using a Shift-Restart I can get into the recovery menus and even login to the command prompt using the same password that doesn't work at GUI boot. Is there a way from the command prompt to set it to what msconfig calls a normal boot? Thanks! 179157
  8. Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore: Hi all Yesterday morning I booted up my windows 10 machine, after login, the screen stayed black only mouse cursor was visible, after some troubleshooting i then created a new user, with the new user i was able to login and having a working desktop :) I decided to enable...
  9. msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails: I am trying to determine why Firefox takes 20 seconds to open. This does not happen in Safe Mode so presumably another package is causing the delay. Consequently, I wanted to start in diagnostics mode. However, as soon as I click on the button for Diagnostics startup, the...
  10. Stuck In Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck In Diagnostic Startup: I messed up my computer and need some real expert help to straighten this one out. Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated. Details are below: MY SYSTEM: Dell E6400 Upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 Pro (so directories after c prompt show old folders and Win10...