Windows 10: Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode.

Discus and support Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the diagnostic startup mode there's no search so I can't run msconfig. Is there another way to do run this? I got to where I'm at now by running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bion, Sep 18, 2015.

1. bion Win User

Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode.

In the diagnostic startup mode there's no search so I can't run msconfig. Is there another way to do run this? I got to where I'm at now by running msconfig, staying on the general tab (not the boot), unchecking normal startup, then checking diagnostic. No matter what I've tried (including combing this forum and searching online) I still can't get out of diagnostic startup. I most definitely need help. There are other things going on with my PC, such as at least one virus, the Trojan Zeus Banker. I'd like to try a couple of more things before I put my PC in the shop and probably pay mucho dinero. Can someone please help. Thanks.

:)

2. An error when Windows 10 starts up

Thank you for the reply.

I've set the computer to start in a diagnostic startup, then tried in safe mode, and while the error did not occur during the start in safe mode, it did in the diagnostic startup, and is still existing in normal mode.

HaniNachmias, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Barun S. Win User
    Windows 10 startup stuck at windows logo

My windows 10 startup is stuck at the logo and the rotating dots. It just wont go further. I have tried start up diagnostics, safe mode, system restorebut still the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Barun S., Sep 18, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Did you try: Win+R to open the run command then type: msconfig ?

OR:

Open Admin command prompt: Win+X->Command Prompt(Admin) and type:
    bcdedit /bootdebug {current} off

topgundcp, Sep 19, 2015
  5. dajosova Win User
    @topgundcp

EXCELLENT
    very usefull tip and in fact it did work for me because I was stucked in Windows 10 green screen after activated Debug/Diagnosis Mode in "msconfig".
    By the way... my Windows 10 was very very laggy and slow... after that, i've just deactivated all 3rd party services (except the ones from Microsoft) and also all boot items in Task Manager
    Now I'm testing what is causing this by selecting a few and see how it responds.
    Thanks a lot!

dajosova, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in diagnostic startup and need to get to safe mode. - Similar Threads - Stuck diagnostic startup

2. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...
  3. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...
  4. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  5. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  6. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Diagnostic Mode: Running latest version of Win 10 Pro updated to latest. I used msconfig to boot into diagnostic mode to fix a printer problem. When Windows opened it said my Pin was not usable and that I should use my password. I haven't used the password in a long time and have forgotten...
  9. Safe mode for diagnostic TroubleShooting!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode for diagnostic TroubleShooting!: In Win10, do you seriously have to turn the device on and off three times, to go into SafeMode??? Come on you must be kidding! Also, lacking a good manual, which is at the library that is closed, how do you get a complete list of 'Command Key' borrowed from Apple or 'Windows...
  10. Stuck In Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck In Diagnostic Startup: I messed up my computer and need some real expert help to straighten this one out. Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated. Details are below: MY SYSTEM: Dell E6400 Upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 Pro (so directories after c prompt show old folders and Win10...