Windows 10: stuck in high contrast black screen

Discus and support stuck in high contrast black screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I seem to have lost my normal windows 10 desktop appearance, and am stuck in high contrast black; the personalization screen doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicolasDick, Nov 10, 2020.

1. stuck in high contrast black screen

Hello!
    I seem to have lost my normal windows 10 desktop appearance, and am stuck in high contrast black;
    the personalization screen doesn't seem to work;
    A quick fix needed to get back to normal appearance!
    Thanks

:)

NicolasDick, Nov 10, 2020

2. File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Nov 10, 2020
  3. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Raniel V. Win User

stuck in high contrast black screen

sir my laptop windows 10 screen gone black after i turn on high contrast

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I suggest that you try to turn off the high contrast setting by going to Settings > Personalization > Background > High Contrast Settings and toggle the "Turn on high contrast" to off to revert it back to its normal colors.

In case you are referring to a different black screen issue, you may refer to this article for troubleshooting:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/...

I hope this helps.

Raniel V., Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

stuck in high contrast black screen

1. stuck in high contrast black screen - Similar Threads - stuck high contrast

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. Stuck on high contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on high contrast: So I accidentally turned on high contrast mode and so I turned it back, now everything is fine except some right-click menus and the uninstall program list seems to have a weird light background and white text. I tried restarting and tried changing the theme and changing dark...
  6. Stuck on high contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on high contrast: So I accidentally turned on high contrast mode and so I turned it back, now everything is fine except some right-click menus and the uninstall program list seems to have a weird light background and white text. I tried restarting and tried changing the theme and changing dark...
  7. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  8. ease of access/vision/high contrast – stuck with the black theme.

ease of access/vision/high contrast – stuck with the black theme.: as I'm disabled with poor eyesight I was looking at the High Contrast option and I set it to Black Theme which I didn't like at all. when I attempted to turn high contrast off it kept coming up with an error message – see below. I am now stuck at this point as I can't work...
  9. Stuck in high contrast mode!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in high contrast mode!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5150-5150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h16bam/stuck_in_high_contrast_mode/
  10. High Contrast screen...

High Contrast screen...: Is high contrast all that's available....if not, how do I get out of it ? 13788