Windows 10: Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

Discus and support Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Read multiple threads and nothings working. Windows 10 installed update on shutdown and since then i cant get to the main screen. It loads onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lost&, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Lost& Win User

Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

Read multiple threads and nothings working. Windows 10 installed update on shutdown and since then i cant get to the main screen. It loads onto Preparing automatic repair, diagnosing pc into automatic repair. (Then states it can’t repair) . It’s an all in one pc so the previous version of windows was preinstalled (7 i think it was but it had a free upgrade to windows 10 when it was first released). It was brand new and i’m told thr backup ‘cd’ is installed into the pc not a hardcopy which is useful for not losing it but useless now i have this problem with no access to a boot disk. Reset this pc has no effect (no changes were made). Go back to previous version says it ran into problems and won’t be able to take you back to previous version of windows. System restore says there are no restores and the image recovery does not work either. In command prompt - C: says the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. In dir of C: it does not show perflogs or program files in the list either.

I have tried the off three time thing but nothing happens other than the screen i first stated. Nothing was added, installed or done to pc and prior to this update it was running perfectly fine with its virus checks clear etc. Does anyone know how to fix this as i’m not technically adept to figure it out and as stated, the other stuff has made no difference. If anyone can help i’d be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

:)

Lost&, Oct 18, 2018

2. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 18, 2018
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

1. Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed - Similar Threads - Stuck loop unreadable

2. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  3. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  4. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  6. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  7. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10: Need some help figuring out why the following is happening. I have a Vectotech 4 TB USC-C SSD that is connected to a USB-C port on my PC running windows 10. Multiple times now - after a reboot or other unknown issue - the drive becomes inaccessible with the above error...
  9. Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.: Hello everyone, I'll already tell you that English is not my first language so excuse me if I make some mistakes. Yesterday I decided to do a backup of my laptop on a nexternal SSD because it was constantly freezing every ten minutes or so. After the completed backup I...
  10. Hard drive is corrupted and unreadable what to do? Please Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive is corrupted and unreadable what to do? Please Help!: Hello everyone, I did a search of the forums and didn't get the answer I was looking for. I have two external hard drives. Not sure how this happened, but When I try to access both external hard drives on drive letters E: and F: it gives me an access is denied. the F:...