Windows 10: Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

Discus and support Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; 1. I log into my new laptop using my microsoft account password 2. After a few moments, a screen appears that suggests that I create a PIN 3. If... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SMLPantry, Mar 26, 2021.

1. SMLPantry Win User

Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

1. I log into my new laptop using my microsoft account password

2. After a few moments, a screen appears that suggests that I create a PIN

3. If I click the NEXT button, a message appears that a PIN cannot be created at this time

4. If I click RETRY, a message appears that a PIN cannot be created at this time.

5. If I click Skip at this time, I'm taken back to the log in screen and asked for my password.

How do I get out of this loop? It started after updates were installed when a restarted the computer.

Thanks,

:)

SMLPantry, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

1. Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin - Similar Threads - Stuck loop asked

2. Dead loop with setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead loop with setting up PIN: From the beginning, I set myself a login with a PIN code on the computer. A few days ago probably from September 2 I got a message when logging in that I had to log in to my microsoft account instead of asking for a pin code. When I wanted to set a new PIN, the system asked...
  3. Dead loop with setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead loop with setting up PIN: From the beginning, I set myself a login with a PIN code on the computer. A few days ago probably from September 2 I got a message when logging in that I had to log in to my microsoft account instead of asking for a pin code. When I wanted to set a new PIN, the system asked...
  4. Loop at login when asked to create a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop at login when asked to create a PIN: February 27, 2023 My non technical husband went to login to his windows computer. He had forgotten his password so changed it.Select sign nPop up screen requests password, password enteredNext popup is create PIN, next is only choice so selected.Something went wrongWe weren’t...
  5. Loop at login when asked to create a PIN

Loop at login when asked to create a PIN: February 27, 2023 My non technical husband went to login to his windows computer. He had forgotten his password so changed it.Select sign nPop up screen requests password, password enteredNext popup is create PIN, next is only choice so selected.Something went wrongWe weren’t...
  6. Inescapable set up pin loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inescapable set up pin loop: My son cannot log in to his laptop running windows 11. It asks him to reset his pin every time it starts up. When tries to it says it is sending a code by email, but never does. When he clicks skip for now, it just takes him back to the beginning. We have tried:Restoring to...
  7. Inescapable set up pin loop

Inescapable set up pin loop: My son cannot log in to his laptop running windows 11. It asks him to reset his pin every time it starts up. When tries to it says it is sending a code by email, but never does. When he clicks skip for now, it just takes him back to the beginning. We have tried:Restoring to...
  8. Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin: I would like to ultimately set up windows hello, but I have to first set up a pin. The weird thing is that I already have a pin set up the way I access my computer from the lock screen. In the sign-in options menu, after I click set up pin, it says that it wants to make sure...
  9. Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin

Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin: I would like to ultimately set up windows hello, but I have to first set up a pin. The weird thing is that I already have a pin set up the way I access my computer from the lock screen. In the sign-in options menu, after I click set up pin, it says that it wants to make sure...
  10. Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with: I cannot log into my personal office account because it asks for a PIN every time I try. I have never set up a PIN for any of my microsoft accounts before. When I try to go to my account settings on my browser to add Windows Hello as a login method, it asks for a PIN of all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up my pin loop