Windows 10: Stuck in low -res in W10

Discus and support Stuck in low -res in W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change. Monitor works fine with another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by granddesigner, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Stuck in low -res in W10

I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change.

Monitor works fine with another W10 machine and with other PCs and laptops.

What is the fix?

Monitor comes up as Generic, so cannot load the correct drivers for this screen. But Intel HD graphics should nevertheless display it OK.

:)

granddesigner, Jan 30, 2020

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Jim64 Win User
    W10 new build low resolution.

Got a new build PC with W10, screen resolution too low despite set to 1080p. My previous Windows 7 machine displays fine on same monitor. Tried all available settings options in W10 and Nvidia panel, also checked monitor display settings and another HDMI cable. Managed to get screen sized properly, but text, images, etc, are a pixelated low res. I've searched this issue online, but none of the suggestions have helped. I don't want to risk buying new monitor (existing one is 6 years old) in case issue recurs. I'm gutted as this is a brand new build, so any help would be appreciated.Cheers.

Jim64, Jan 30, 2020
  4. TomF37380 Win User

Stuck in low -res in W10

w10 update stuck on "checking for updates"

I have a desktop running w10 pro that has windows update stuck on checking for updates. I left it on for 6 hours and it still is stuck. I tried to stop using net stop, but got an error saying the service could not be stopped. Services says the updater
    is stopping, but seems to be stuck there also - cannot select stop. Any suggestions?

TomF37380, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in low -res in W10

1. Stuck in low -res in W10 - Similar Threads - Stuck low res

2. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  3. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  4. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  5. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  6. scaling hd resolution down to low res screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    scaling hd resolution down to low res screen: hey guys, new build on my part, using an older nvidia 980 card. custom build using a crt 1024x768 4:3 monitor. is there a way to scale down higher res content to my lower res monitor? im picturing 16:9 content, 1920x1080, being letterboxed on my screen. any ideas?...
  7. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  8. File explorer appears in low-res?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer appears in low-res?: [ATTACH] Hey! I'm sure there's an easy trick for this I'm missing. In the past two weeks or so, my file explorer has started appearing in low-res when it's opened via an upload screen. Doesn't do this in any other situation. It's not major but really annoys me - any ideas...
  9. Steam Running in low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Running in low res: Hi all I just installed Windows 10 Pro from the official updater in what was Windows 7. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 there are a few bits I am tweaking to get them how I like them but one I cannot find a fix for. 1. When I open Steam it opens in ultra low...
  10. Low res on some app icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Low res on some app icons?: Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for comparison. 6239

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus resolution greyed out windows