Windows 10: Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

Discus and support Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myaz34, Sep 19, 2016.

1. myaz34 Win User

Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was only at this point that I realised that I required the login password. Now I normally use a PIN and I have recently changed the Microsoft account password from another machine. However, this machine, because it has no network connection, is apparently not using the new password, it's using the cached version of the old one. Unfortunately I can't recall what the old one was (I use long random strings).

So what I need to do is to persuade the machine to return to a normal boot, at which point I can log in using the PIN and sort out the password. However I have been able to find no way to reset the boot option to normal other than first logging on in safe mode, which I can't do.

So does anybody know any way to reset the boot option to Normal which does not involve logging on and getting a command prompt up first? Is there any way to change/delete the bcdedit setting without actually logging on first? My only other option seems to be a complete rebuild *Sad.

:)

myaz34, Sep 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD, won't boot, storport.sys issue

Unfortunately, no. See my response to Likhitha V's post. It gets me stuck in a loop, with no safe mode boot.

BW_Schopenhauer, Sep 19, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Baddog Win User

Can you get into msconfig and the boot tab and uncheck the safemode box. Click Apply, OK and reboot. *Cool

Baddog, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle - Similar Threads - Stuck minimal safe

2. PC Stuck trying to boot into Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck trying to boot into Safe Mode.: I changed the my PC to boot into safe mode, using MSCONFIG. now my pc is trying to boot into safe mode, but it can't i think. It's trying to but unable and now it is stuck on the motherboard MSI screen. It seems to me that my pc doesn't have a safe mode nor advanced startup....
  3. PC Stuck trying to boot into Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck trying to boot into Safe Mode.: I changed the my PC to boot into safe mode, using MSCONFIG. now my pc is trying to boot into safe mode, but it can't i think. It's trying to but unable and now it is stuck on the motherboard MSI screen. It seems to me that my pc doesn't have a safe mode nor advanced startup....
  4. Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle: i have a PowerSpec G906 with a 4070ti graphics card. I was getting a issue where my screen would flash black and tried everything. My PC wouldnt boot into safe mode as it would get suck in this cycle so i downloaded a software to force it into safe mode however its constantly...
  5. Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle: i have a PowerSpec G906 with a 4070ti graphics card. I was getting a issue where my screen would flash black and tried everything. My PC wouldnt boot into safe mode as it would get suck in this cycle so i downloaded a software to force it into safe mode however its constantly...
  6. Stuck at sign in after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at sign in after booting into safe mode: Just booted into safe mode to use AMDs clean up utility and reinstall my chipset drivers but every time I come to sign in it will say just a moment and asks to search the store for a required app? I can't sign in and restarting just puts me back at sign in with safe mode...
  7. STUCK IN SAFE MODE BOOT UP.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STUCK IN SAFE MODE BOOT UP.: Hello guys. So i need help last night i booted up my laptop into safe mode to hopefully resolve my Bluetooth problems but now i have more big problem. you see my 4 digit pin dont work anymore and i tried googling for answer and i read that i need to go to command prompt in...
  8. BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode: For the past week, my computer turns on then starts a cycle of blue screens for 5 hours straight then finally shows a boot screen that never fully boots up my computer. The cycle starts with turning on, followed by my bios main start up screen, then “preparing automatic...
  9. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck in login screen safemode minimal option windows 10