Windows 10: Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

Discus and support Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myaz34, Sep 19, 2016.

1. myaz34 Win User

Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was only at this point that I realised that I required the login password. Now I normally use a PIN and I have recently changed the Microsoft account password from another machine. However, this machine, because it has no network connection, is apparently not using the new password, it's using the cached version of the old one. Unfortunately I can't recall what the old one was (I use long random strings).

So what I need to do is to persuade the machine to return to a normal boot, at which point I can log in using the PIN and sort out the password. However I have been able to find no way to reset the boot option to normal other than first logging on in safe mode, which I can't do.

So does anybody know any way to reset the boot option to Normal which does not involve logging on and getting a command prompt up first? Is there any way to change/delete the bcdedit setting without actually logging on first? My only other option seems to be a complete rebuild *Sad.

:)

myaz34, Sep 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD, won't boot, storport.sys issue

Unfortunately, no. See my response to Likhitha V's post. It gets me stuck in a loop, with no safe mode boot.

BW_Schopenhauer, Sep 19, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Baddog Win User

Can you get into msconfig and the boot tab and uncheck the safemode box. Click Apply, OK and reboot. *Cool

Baddog, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle - Similar Threads - Stuck minimal safe

2. Stuck in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in Safe mode: I enabled my Windows 10 to boot in Safe Mode by opening msconfig, I checked the box and restarted my computer. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that PC, and it's that one. When my computer booted...
  3. stuck in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode: I'm stuck in safe mode without networking. My password will not work, so I can"t get back to normal windows. I've been working on this for a while with the usual tools on USB and other remedies I've read in forums. Using #5 in start up settings"Enable safe mode with...
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in Safe Mode: hi so I am stuck in safe mode. when when I reboot my computer it is in safe mode without networking. It is in asking for my password to sign it. I type in my password and and it says it's wrong. I am using using the correct password because I'm used it to sign in here to...
  5. stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuck in safe mode: no windows will not accept my password and stuck on airplane mode could have malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/stuck-in-safe-mode/d3127ba7-d5ee-4690-acae-856ef696bc1a
  6. Stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode: Hey gang, a friend went into "Safe Mode" and now he can't get out, guess his password isn't working !! Tell me how to help him get out, looked all over & i find no solution ! This was his message to me Rebooted in safe mode no network and now I can't login to Microsoft...
  7. stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck in safe mode: HELP i was given an asus laptop to repair(upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10). it was full of pups and at least 7 viruses. malwarebytes found them (517) but when asked to remove them it came back in an instance with "no items deleted your computer is safe).After several more...
  8. stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck in safe mode: I have been using my fingerprint (ever since i upgraded to windows10) to login to my laptop as i have forgotten my password. Recently when i dowloaded a software my system rebooted in safe mode. I am now unable to login as the finger print sotware is not accessible. I am...
  9. Stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode: Hi, Windows 10 14393.953 Pro Stuck in Safe Mode. My computer suddenly restarted, and when I got o MSCONFIG and change from Selective startup to Normal, and press Apply, it goes back to Selective Startup. In Boot tab, it's for some reason set to Safe Mode with Networking,...
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...