Windows 10: Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account

Discus and support Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was having problems with an ssd and tried to change it from the stupid windows storage device nonsense back to the original ssd partition it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Braille9, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Braille9 Win User

Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account

So I was having problems with an ssd and tried to change it from the stupid windows storage device nonsense back to the original ssd partition it was back when I built the computer. I deleted the storage pool and tried to redo the ssd as the D drive but my drive manager wouldn’t recognize it anymore. I tried unplugging it and plugging back in and now my pc will not boot. My C drive is my boot drive but I am getting a missing files error for D drive srt/srttrail. I can’t reset anything or troubleshoot anything because it says I have no admin accounts.

:)

Braille9, Sep 25, 2022
  2. SueHHHH Win User

stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop

Windows 10 computer stuck in repair loop. It doesn't recognise there is sn admin account so won't open system restore etc options or command prompt. I've tried holding power key down for eg 10 seconds over and over again, ten or so times on the run. It still
    won't start in safe mode.

I've tried pressing escape when restarting to access system menu to start in safe mode but just goes straight into the repair loop.

Any suggestions - without losing the docs, photos etc on there?

Sue

SueHHHH, Sep 25, 2022
  3. SueHHHH Win User
    stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop

Windows 10 computer stuck in repair loop. It doesn't recognise there is sn admin account so won't open system restore etc options or command prompt. I've tried holding power key down for eg 10 seconds over and over again, ten or so times on the run. It still
    won't start in safe mode.

I've tried pressing escape when restarting to access system menu to start in safe mode but just goes straight into the repair loop.

Any suggestions - without losing the docs, photos etc on there?

Sue

SueHHHH, Sep 25, 2022
  4. archz2 Win User

Stuck in startup repair boot loop, C drive is in RAW

Okay. I'll try with disk genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I tried this command with disk genius.

Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account [​IMG]

I got this result.

Then I tried this command.

and got this result.

I forgot to mention earlier. 1 hour back, when I checked my C drive it is back to normal. I was able to run chkdsk /f and /r

These analyses were done after that. The issue hasn't got resolved yet and I'm still stuck on the startup repair loop.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. So I eventually created an image of my C partition using Macrium Reflect PE environment. Everything went fine. For some unknown reason, the image was of approximately 100gb in size whereas my C partition was occupied upto almost 175 GB.

Then I booted using the windows 10 USB and deleted all the partitions of the C drive during the installation menu that asks for the location of windows 10. Then I chose the newly formatted C partition to install windows.
    The installation went fine. I got to the desktop wallpaper screens and icons. Then I booted using Macrium and restored using the image file.
    After I restarted my laptop. I got this error.

After pressing enter, I got this.

Then I checked in the boot menu of my BIOS. To my surprise, my SSD was not listed in the boot menu. Don’t know why.

Then I booted using Win 10 USB, and ran sfc scannow. I also ran DISM, trying to restore the image from the official windows files present on the usb drive and got these results.

Upon checking the volume information, I got this.

I also tried to fix the bcd using the following commands.
    bcdboot c:\Windows /s Z: /f ALL

The letter Z was assigned to the 100mb ESP partition on the D drive
    Now this 100mb partition is present on my D drive (SATA).
    The bcd fixing went well. I got the message ‘Boot files successfully created’

Unfortunately I didn’t click a photograph of the result.
    Now I booted again in windows and I am seeing this result.

After pressing enter, I got this.

Now I am stuck and absolutely clueless about my next step. Please advise.

archz2, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account - Similar Threads - Stuck repair loop

2. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  3. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  4. Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account: So I was having problems with an ssd and tried to change it from the stupid windows storage device nonsense back to the original ssd partition it was back when I built the computer. I deleted the storage pool and tried to redo the ssd as the D drive but my drive manager...
  5. Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in repair loop from missing d drive with no admin account: So I was having problems with an ssd and tried to change it from the stupid windows storage device nonsense back to the original ssd partition it was back when I built the computer. I deleted the storage pool and tried to redo the ssd as the D drive but my drive manager...
  6. Stuck in "Automatic Repair" loop, can't log in to admin account

Stuck in "Automatic Repair" loop, can't log in to admin account: I'm in a perfect catch-22 here and I've scoured the internet for help but no one has the combination of problems that I do. My windows 10 tablet has gotten stuck in the "Automatic Repair" loop and restarting keeps bringing it back to the automatic repair screen. Ive tried...
  7. stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop

stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop: Windows 10 computer stuck in repair loop. It doesn't recognise there is sn admin account so won't open system restore etc options or command prompt. I've tried holding power key down for eg 10 seconds over and over again, ten or so times on the run. It still won't start in...
  8. stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop

stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop: Windows 10 computer stuck in repair loop. It doesn't recognise there is sn admin account so won't open system restore etc options or command prompt. I've tried holding power key down for eg 10 seconds over and over again, ten or so times on the run. It still won't start in...
  9. Auto Repair Mode Loop with no Admin account

Auto Repair Mode Loop with no Admin account: I recently restored my laptop to a restore point from last week to reset settings. That process worked fine but when I turned my laptop on this morning, it began to boot into Recovery Mode. I tried to run cmd as well as the other advanced settings but could not because I...
  10. stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop ...

stuck in "preparing aumatic repair" and no-admin-account-found loop ...: Just did a windows point restore due to an unsolvable problematic development environment issue on the machine. The restore process appeared to have completed and, at the end, it stuck in "auto restart" process. After a while, I decided to manually power cycled the machine...