Windows 10: Stuck in repairing during boot

Discus and support Stuck in repairing during boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't boot my system. Keeps saying that it's trying to repair my system, then fails. I have tried uninstalling updates, restore points, and refreshing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buggaby, May 11, 2019.

1. buggaby Win User

Stuck in repairing during boot

Can't boot my system. Keeps saying that it's trying to repair my system, then fails. I have tried uninstalling updates, restore points, and refreshing. I made a bootable usb and am trying the startup repairs but it can't find the c:\boot folder. It doesn't seem to see a Windows installation. Using diskpart shows
    System disk of 512mb
    Reserved 16mb
    Primary 922gb
    Recovery 893mb
    Unknown 8108mb

Any ideas? This was working before then just stopped.

Many thanks

:)

buggaby, May 11, 2019

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 11, 2019
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 11, 2019
  4. Stuck in repairing during boot

Windows 10 stuck on Boot Screen with Auto repair & Diagnostic

Hi Adam,

To isolate your concern, since you were able to access Advanced options, have you also tried doing a system restore? If yes, and it does not resolve the issue we suggest that you perform Repair Master Boot Record. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Boot to Windows Recovery Menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • On Advanced options, click Automatic repair.
    • We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type the commands below:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    bootrec /fixMbr

bootrec /fixboot

Exit

5. Reboot the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in repairing during boot

1. Stuck in repairing during boot - Similar Threads - Stuck repairing during

2. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  3. Stuck in pc repair boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in pc repair boot: So everytime I updated windows my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the latest widows updates using cmd and now my pc boots in repair mode every time I turn it on. To do anything is requires me to type in my password which I reset because it keeps telling me it's...
  4. Stuck in pc repair boot

Stuck in pc repair boot: So everytime I updated windows my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the latest widows updates using cmd and now my pc boots in repair mode every time I turn it on. To do anything is requires me to type in my password which I reset because it keeps telling me it's...
  5. Stuck in pc repair boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  7. System Preparing Repair during boot up

System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  8. Windows stuck on boot and can not repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on boot and can not repair.: I can not load windows, I am stuck on boot every time I start my computer it is just a black screen with a white spinning loading sign. I have turned it off and reset it so I get to advanced repair, however, I can not run any of the troubleshooting options because I can not...
  9. Windows stuck on boot and can not repair.

Windows stuck on boot and can not repair.: I can not load windows, I am stuck on boot every time I start my computer it is just a black screen with a white spinning loading sign. I have turned it off and reset it so I get to advanced repair, however, I can not run any of the troubleshooting options because I can not...
  10. Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.: My laptop ran out of charge and turned off automatically. When i turned it on it showed "preparing automatic repair" and shows this blue screen.when i clicked continue it brought me back to the same blue screen. Plz help me What should I do?[IMG]...