Windows 10: Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.

Discus and support Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was prompted by the following news to update my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankyMacky, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.

I was prompted by the following news to update my Windows 10:https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/microsoft-issues-urgent-security-warning-update-your-pc-immediately-1.5499896 One of my laptops updated without problems. The other kept searching for updates, but there was no WiFi activity. After a long while, I closed down all apps and closed the Setting window that was searching for updates. I then used the Start menu to restart the laptop.Now the laptop has been stuck for the better part of an hour with the message "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer."What should I do?

:)

FrankyMacky, Jul 9, 2021

2. getting windows ready don't turn off computer

I tried to remove the McAfee anti virus program so I could install Norton. It went well until the restart step. The screen says "getting windows ready Don't turn off your computer"

It has been stuck there for 30 minutes or more .

DanielBlakephd, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.

Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer.

1. Stuck in Restart: Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer. - Similar Threads - Stuck Restart Getting

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  6. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  7. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.

"Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.: Hi! I tried to restart my pc because it doesn't open file explorer properly. It's slow. The "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" appears and does not seem to be moving. There's no circle animation. I suppose it's updating since I can see the hard disk LED and...
  9. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".

Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".: My laptop just got a reset because I was facing problems with the Optane Memory module. The module is now changed so I don't think there's a problem due to that. Due to the reset, I had to get all the updates, apps and software I had previously. I installed some Windows...
  10. Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer: I ran a Kaspersky full scan and then an MBAM threat scan on my desktop with my ethernet jack unplugged. (My ethernet was plugged in before I started the scans). Both scans were clean. Afterwards, I began to shutdown the computer. It's been like 15 minutes now, and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont turn off computer