Windows 10: Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out. HELP PLEASE...!

Discus and support Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out. HELP PLEASE...! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I cannot switch out of S Mode. This is what I see when I try: [ATTACH] I have followed all guidance on the various threads on this issue. To... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SoapyRR, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SoapyRR Win User

Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out. HELP PLEASE...!

I cannot switch out of S Mode. This is what I see when I try:

Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out.  HELP PLEASE...! 8766f885-670d-418a-a0d5-5f107003831d?upload=true.png

I have followed all guidance on the various threads on this issue. To confirm:

• I am using Windows 10;
    • all Windows updates are installed and fully complete; all the latest versions are running;
    • I am signed in as an administrator with full administrator privileges;
    • I have checked settings to ensure that there are no work or school 'associated' accounts;
    • I have updated / reset Windows Store;
    • I have rebooted and even completely reinstalled Windows;
    • I have even upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

STILL I can't get out of S Mode. The same greyed-out box above shows notwithstanding all the above steps.

Some suggestions on this site have mentioned potential fixes via the CMD prompt - but I can't use those methods because the S Mode prevents use of CMD...!!!

I have a son with an expensive gaming PC who cannot use VR headsets/software or access other things because of Windows being stuck in S Mode. He is really upset because this problem has been there for a while now. I’m also really upset because: a I have spent hours and hours trying to fix this; b it has basically rendered an expensive PC almost useless.

What is going wrong?! Why can’t this be fixed?!

Thank you

:)

SoapyRR, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I stuck in airplane mode, needfsome help

Hi Joey,

There are a lot of possible causes why your laptop/computer was stuck on airplane mode. To isolate the issue, we
    have some questions for you:

• When did this matter start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have checked if your drivers are updated?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connection

After running the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and the issue still persists, kindly run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    to check for any hardware issues and fix it automatically. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 12, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out. HELP PLEASE...!

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Stuck in S Mode - no option to change it - 'get' button is greyed out. HELP PLEASE...! - Similar Threads - Stuck Mode option

2. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode Button Greyed Out: I am trying to switch out of S mode, but when I try the "Get" button it is greyed out. It says to check with your IT or system administrator. How can I fix this? My version is Windows 10 Home with S Mode. Do I need a different version of Windows? This is just how the laptop...
  3. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode Button Greyed Out: I am trying to switch out of S mode, but when I try the "Get" button it is greyed out. It says to check with your IT or system administrator. How can I fix this? My version is Windows 10 Home with S Mode. Do I need a different version of Windows? This is just how the laptop...
  4. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows S Mode - 'Get' button greyed out/cannot switch out of s mode

Windows S Mode - 'Get' button greyed out/cannot switch out of s mode: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] I cannot switch my laptop out of windows s mode. The 'Get' button is greyed out/disabled see above and will not allow me to switch and just use windows home mode. I have just setup my new laptop Lenovo ideapad 5 and updated my Microsoft store to...
  6. Can't switch out of S Mode - 'get' button is greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S Mode - 'get' button is greyed out: I've followed all forum guidance on this topic but no joy. To confirm, I am signed in as an administrator, am using Windows 10 Pro, have updated Windows Store, have no 'associated' accounts and have even completely reinstalled Windows. STILL I can't get out of S Mode. Some...
  7. i cannot get out of s mode please help

i cannot get out of s mode please help: I cannot get out of S mode and cant download google earth. I tried to fix it but made a mistake and clicked on the wrong place before reading any help?...
  8. cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out

cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out: cannot get out of s mode. running widows 10 home. "get" button is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-get-is-greyed-out/1cba1473-a8e8-4446-84b8-d51e0c9217f2
  9. Switch out of S mode- button greyed out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch out of S mode- button greyed out: [ATTACH] I'm not on any domain and I'm the administrator myself, but I can't find a way to switch out of it...Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-out-of-s-mode-button-greyed-out/51297e86-0b55-42f8-bc36-dadbeba0b2ac"
  10. Unable to switch out of S mode button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to switch out of S mode button greyed out: When I try to switch out of S mode, I follow all of the normal steps, and when I get to the Microsoft store "Switch out of S mode" page, the normally blue button is grey and I can't press it. I've tried updating the Microsoft store, but that doesn't help. What do I do?...