Windows 10: stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do!

Discus and support stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It won't take the password, not even the reset one, I tried bcdedit with a bootable USB , cmd but it gives me the message "the boot configuration data... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AntonellaVivianne, Jan 22, 2020.

1. stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do!

It won't take the password, not even the reset one, I tried bcdedit with a bootable USB , cmd but it gives me the message "the boot configuration data store could not be opened the requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple undistinguishable devices"
    So bcdedit doesn t work for me what can i do please? I don-t remember installing multiple boots on the system and the system always booted fine, I put it into safe mode to try to uninstall a couple of things that wouldnt uninstall by themselves

Right now I am on Linux writing this, is there any way to either 1 bypass the password screen 2 make bcdedit work for me or 3 import from windows the logins and password from my firefox there so that I can view them in Linux and finally log in with the old password stored there? 4bypass the password screen? 5 any other solution that doesn't include reinstalling windows, I have too many things I need on the laptop
    Thank you!!

:)

AntonellaVivianne, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Stuck in Safe Mode without Admin Access

I am not suggesting using bcdedit commands. I am providing a method for escaping the Safe mode boot loop you are stuck in, "Is there any other way to get back into the computer?".

Denis

4. R.Ritchey Win User

stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do!

bcdedit and Win10 Safe Mode

I have tried these (three) different Tutors they all give the same...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> bcdedit /copy {current} /d "Safe Mode"

The copy command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

The parameter is incorrect.

This is from ... Administrator: Windows Power Shell

I have gone to 'bcdedit /?' and through the commands...everything looks right as far as I can tell.

Thank you all for the fast answers.

RRR

R.Ritchey, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do!

1. stuck in safe mode, and bcdedit gives errors don t know what to do! - Similar Threads - stuck safe mode

2. Stuck On Safe Mode Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck On Safe Mode Error: My laptop suddenly black screen after booting, when the lenovo logo is appearing there is text under the logo that says something like "repairing drive c" something like that, I saw a video about how to fix the black screen problem, the video said that I have to open startup...
  3. Stuck On Safe Mode Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck On Safe Mode Error: My laptop suddenly black screen after booting, when the lenovo logo is appearing there is text under the logo that says something like "repairing drive c" something like that, I saw a video about how to fix the black screen problem, the video said that I have to open startup...
  4. I don`t know what to do with my laptop because it goes into bluescreens at least 2 times a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don`t know what to do with my laptop because it goes into bluescreens at least 2 times a...: I ran Memory diagnostic tool and selected the extended mode and at 21 % it got stuck for some hours I didn`t look at the clock how many hours have passed. After it finished the first test and got stuck again at 21%.It is a ram memory problem or a storage memory?Dump 1...
  5. I don`t know what to do with my laptop because it goes into bluescreens at least 2 times a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don`t know what to do with my laptop because it goes into bluescreens at least 2 times a...: I ran Memory diagnostic tool and selected the extended mode and at 21 % it got stuck for some hours I didn`t look at the clock how many hours have passed. After it finished the first test and got stuck again at 21%.It is a ram memory problem or a storage memory?Dump 1...
  6. Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...: Can someone please help me? I wanted to restart my computer after running a virus check, installing Teams and a new version of Cyberlink cam and my computer somehow went into safe mode. I have not been able to get it running again. I have looked online for suggestions and...
  7. Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode: Hey guys, I recently bought a hp 2 in 1 and when I put into tablet mode it doesn't"t disable the keyboard and trackpad automatically. This seems to be a problem mainly with hp computers but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I understand that there was a...
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  9. bcdedit not working while in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bcdedit not working while in safe mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TRQ7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiqolg/bcdedit_not_working_while_in_safe_mode/
  10. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...