Windows 10: Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

Discus and support Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Axelgroenborg, May 14, 2022.

1. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i cannot restore my pc. Is it possible for my account to get unlocked in any way?

:)

Axelgroenborg, May 14, 2022

2. Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password

I usually login with my PIN but when the laptop started on safe mode, it required a password for the microsoft account. I could not remember my password and reset the microsoft account password using the browser on mobile. But the laptop doesn't connect
    to the internet so it doesn't have the new password. I tried opening command prompt by following the steps on this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...password/821393a3-6112-4c58-bc1e-3446f3dee0ee but
    while opening command prompt it again required my password so I am stuck in a kind of an infinite loop. Also while opening Windows in safe mode with networking , it doesn't connect to the mobile hotspot. I would be highly grateful if I could have a way out
    of this situation.

Also I have a local account I have the password to but unfortunately it is not an admin account.

Fawwaz Bin Tasneem, May 14, 2022
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 14, 2022
  4. 7.62 Win User

Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

1. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Windows is in safe mode and I don't remember my admin password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows is in safe mode and I don't remember my admin password: Windows on my pc is in safe mode and I don't know my admin password to get back into it. I read that I could use command prompt in the troubleshooting options but I need an admin password to access that as well which kind of defeats the point....
  3. Windows is in safe mode and I don't remember my admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is in safe mode and I don't remember my admin password: Windows on my pc is in safe mode and I don't know my admin password to get back into it. I read that I could use command prompt in the troubleshooting options but I need an admin password to access that as well which kind of defeats the point....
  4. Windows is in safe mode and I don't remember my admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  6. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  7. Can't remember my local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remember my local account password: Hello!I can't remember my password for my local account. Luckily I put on AutoAdminLogOn when I got my computer, but when I want to change some settings, I can't cause I don't remember my password. There suppose to be DefaultPassword stored in...
  8. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password: I was having trouble with Microsoft Store i was following some i structions to try to fix it I did msconfig and clicked on boot and restarted my computer on safe mode but I realized I could not remember the Password because i started using a pin a while ago to log in I tried...
  9. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  10. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...