Windows 10: Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

Discus and support Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I enabled safe mode with msconfig but it wouldn't accept my password no matter what I try, so now I'm trying to boot normally (ie disable safe... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MrLawrence5, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

Hi,

I enabled safe mode with msconfig but it wouldn't accept my password no matter what I try, so now I'm trying to boot normally (ie disable safe mode). However, there is no option to do so. I don't know anything about using disks or USBs to boot, but no matter what I try, whether it's restarting, using the command prompt, or trying system restore, it always restarts in safe mode or asks me to log into my account and yet it neither recognizes my password nor connects to the internet even when I have my ethernet cable plugged in.

In short, I'm locked out of my computer and my computer is an absolutely useless brick because of Microsoft's incompetence! I'm writing this from my phone. I refuse to reinstall all my programs and lose my files because of this.

I'm in Japan and can't get reliable tech support here either, by the way, because of the language barrier.

:)

MrLawrence5, Aug 25, 2019

2. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Aug 25, 2019
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 25, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

1. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode...: I never intended to have a safe mode password. And I might add one later. I'm trying to get rid of a corrupt file as it can't be deleted by normal means so I decided to go Safe Mode to get it out easier. But when I got to the safe mode...seems that normal passwords don't...
  6. Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally: Hey Everyone, I have Bootcamp running Windows on my 2019 Mac Pro. Whenever it boots into normal Windows it boots perfectly and has no issues. But, when I try to boot it into safe mode, it goes completely dark. My monitor says it has no signal, and the computer just sits...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, passwords don’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode, passwords don’t work: Tried to reboot into safemode using msconfig, and now I’m stuck in the safemode login with no way to get in. I tried restarting into safemode with networking, which doesn’t work with any of my passwords. I tried remembering my old Microsoft account passwords, with no luck. I...
  8. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  9. stuck in safe mode, password NOT working

stuck in safe mode, password NOT working: After stupidly following instructions to go into safe mode to recall a secret file, (which now appears to be lost forever along with all my art), my Windows 10 PC is stuck in safe mode. It will NOT accept my password. Which I have changed 4 times now. The suggestion that...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...