Windows 10: Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode...

Discus and support Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I never intended to have a safe mode password. And I might add one later. I'm trying to get rid of a corrupt file as it can't be deleted by normal... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kent_628, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Kent_628 Win User

Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode...

I never intended to have a safe mode password. And I might add one later. I'm trying to get rid of a corrupt file as it can't be deleted by normal means so I decided to go Safe Mode to get it out easier. But when I got to the safe mode...seems that normal passwords don't work, in fact, I don't have a safe mode password at all! SO I pretty much locked my Surface with no help whatsoever at this time. I asked people online but not much help. I don't know about administrator passwords and whatnot. I don't use my Surface for more business stuff but more rather recreational uses. How can I go back to normal mode if I don't have a safe mode password?

:)

Kent_628, Nov 18, 2020

2. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Nov 18, 2020
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Venchy Win User

Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode...

I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

I can’t boot into normal mode. I’m trying to get out of Safe Mode but the only way to get out is to log into my PC with the password it asks me, but my password for some reason doesn’t work. The keyboard works fine. I use WiFi, and WiFi doesn’t work when in Safe Mode. I’m ultimately stuck right now. Can’t do anything else. Been trying all day, looking for countless solutions

Venchy, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password won't work and I don't have a safe mode... - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?

Flickering Screen in Normal and Safe mode. Don't have admin password?: I attempted to open the game Valorant while in a Zoom meeting and got a blue screen of death which stated: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. After that, I decided that I would try to update my windows from the settings page. I don't remember what exactly updated, but after the...
  6. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode, can't boot normally, password and internet won't work: Hi, I enabled safe mode with msconfig but it wouldn't accept my password no matter what I try, so now I'm trying to boot normally (ie disable safe mode). However, there is no option to do so. I don't know anything about using disks or USBs to boot, but no matter what I...
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...
  9. stuck in safe mode, password NOT working

stuck in safe mode, password NOT working: After stupidly following instructions to go into safe mode to recall a secret file, (which now appears to be lost forever along with all my art), my Windows 10 PC is stuck in safe mode. It will NOT accept my password. Which I have changed 4 times now. The suggestion that...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...