Windows 10: Stuck in safe mode don't know password

Discus and support Stuck in safe mode don't know password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluFevr, Apr 2, 2020.

1. bluFevr Win User

Stuck in safe mode don't know password

I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with windows so I don't have a disk to boot from. I changed my password but since safe mode doesn't have internet and "boot safe mode with networking" doesn't seem to give me networking it won't update.

:)

bluFevr, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Askboy4 Win User
    Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

So your stuck in safe mode? and cant get to normal mode? I thought in safe mode theres an admin account with no password. *Wink

Askboy4, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Sam Suh Win User

Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

Stuck in safe mode after checking safe mode in msconfig while running in normal mode. I didn't knew that pin don't work in safe mode .. Now i'm unable to go back to normal mode. And don't remember the password to enter into safe mode...in windows 10
    Is there any fix for this?
    Please help me .. please please please

Sam Suh, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck in safe mode don't know password - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  3. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  4. New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows 10 Installation - Don't know safe mode password: I upgraded my SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10. During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft account. Also, it asked me to set up a PIN, but not a password. I attempted to go into safe mode and the only login option is with a password. My Microsoft account...
  5. Dont know password in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dont know password in safe mode: So recently I noticed a program was crashing alot and I thought it was because I had too many apps open when I start my computer so I wanted to start it in safe mode: minimal. When it had restarted I tried to login but noticed it would only accept my Password and not my pin...
  6. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  7. Windows 10 PC stuck in safe mode, don't know password, need to access normal mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC stuck in safe mode, don't know password, need to access normal mode.: I have a PC with Windows 10 which had various processes suspended meaning I couldn’t access the start menu or a number of desktop items. Having restarted the computer in safe mode I find myself at a login screen that previously used facial recognition but now asks for a...
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...
  9. Stuck on Safe mode, no password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on Safe mode, no password.: Today i launched DDU (Display driver uninstaller), And it brought my pc to "Safe-Mode" login screen. And when i typed my password , it said its incorrect. ( when i enter the local password on a system startup repair or something like that it works, but only at the win 10...
  10. Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10: Stuck in safe mode after checking safe mode in msconfig while running in normal mode. I didn't knew that pin don't work in safe mode .. Now i'm unable to go back to normal mode. And don't remember the password to enter into safe mode...in windows 10 Is there any fix for...