Windows 10: stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

Discus and support stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer has been unusable since choosing Safe Mode today (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit). To sign in, only passWORDs are allowed, not PINs, and I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertSilvernail, Sep 14, 2019.

1. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

My computer has been unusable since choosing Safe Mode today (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit). To sign in, only passWORDs are allowed, not PINs, and I have only used a PIN previously. Is there a solution? This software defect has been reported by others, but no solution has been posted that I've seen.

Windows 10 was upgraded from Windows 7. I have recovery discs for Windows 7, but that doesn't offer an acceptable solution. And no, I unfortunately don't have a password recovery device or CD.

:)

RobertSilvernail, Sep 14, 2019

2. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

CORRECTION: I'm locked out of Safe Mode or any other Mode, not "stuck in." Sorry for the inaccuracy.

RobertSilvernail, Sep 25, 2019
  3. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

My computer has been unusable since choosing Safe Mode today (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit). To sign in, only passWORDs are allowed, not PINs, and I have only used a PIN previously. Is there a solution? This software defect has been reported by others, but no
    solution has been posted that I've seen.

Windows 10 was upgraded from Windows 7. I have recovery discs for Windows 7, but that doesn't offer an acceptable solution. And no, I unfortunately don't have a password recovery device or CD.

4. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

Hi Greg,

I've looked at my three pages of passwords (nothing for Windows) for inspiration, tried several and their variations, but no luck. I sure don't remember ever specifying a password. The computer would start without entering anything. I upgraded to Windows
    10 during the free period, and still entered nothing, Windows 10 loaded just fine by itself. Approx. a year ago I was somehow manipulated during a Windows update(?) into creating a User Account, and I was given the choice of creating a password or a PIN. A
    PIN it was, and now a second account with email address appeared in the lower left of the sign in screen.

Two days ago I selected Safe Mode boot in msconfig, restarted, and have been stuck at the sign in screen ever since. I never made it to Safe Mode or any other mode. So I misspoke in my first post.

After this catastrophe, I changed the c: drive to a clone made two months ago with DriveClone 11 Workstation. It didn't boot. It's made perfect working clones in the past, backing up my and my wife's computers. But not this time.

I'll try your suggestions, and thank you again for that. But I'm getting ever closer to throwing in the towel.

Do you suppose it's at all possible that Microsoft would take my PIN and issue me a temporary password? I still have my computer purchase receipt, am at the same address where HP shipped it, etc?

Thema:

stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

1. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN - Similar Threads - stuck safe mode

2. Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN: I have just booted my pc into safe mode and for the first time it hasn't let me enter the pin, it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again".Clicking the link does nothing and i cant even see the text entry box so i cant get in. As...
  3. Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN: I have just booted my pc into safe mode and for the first time it hasn't let me enter the pin, it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again".Clicking the link does nothing and i cant even see the text entry box so i cant get in. As...
  4. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  5. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode: I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login screen. I did not set up the option to use my Microsoft account as a way to sign in and only use my PIN. I have not created a...
  6. Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode

Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode: I have tried going through troubleshooting and restarted in safe mode with networking but it does nothing, ive tried the command promt option but it still wont accept my password. Any ideas?...
  7. Stuck in safe mode windows 10 and PIN not accept

Stuck in safe mode windows 10 and PIN not accept: Please follow this method for stuck out from safe mode where PIN is not accepting. Type bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and hit enter Key.[ATTACH]...
  8. Safe Mode incorrect pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode incorrect pin: I'm in safe mode no network. It will not accept my password. I've tried restart, shift key, but when I get to troubleshoot it asked for my password again and says incorrect. I can't go any further. Any solutions?...
  9. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password: As title says, I booted Windows 10 in Safe Mode minimal. I know that PIN won't work, but even my Microsoft account password (which I recently changed to fix this) won't let me in. Booting in Safe Mode + Networking doesn't change anything. I also have the little globe with...
  10. Safe mode windows will not accept my pin????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode windows will not accept my pin????: I am trying to delete a Mcfee program which { am having a problem with,only I need to get into safe mode to get rid of it I get into the login screen and windows will not accept my pin ??? What's going on ?You would think that once you change your password/pin it would apply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security on windows no pin allowed anymore 2019