Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options

Discus and support Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I’ve started having problems with my laptop seemingly out of nowhere. Constant freezing and just generally slow. I have bitdefender so I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaaaamMY, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SaaaamMY Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options

Recently I’ve started having problems with my laptop seemingly out of nowhere. Constant freezing and just generally slow. I have bitdefender so I did a full scan and no viruses were found. I did a disk cleaning. Still slow and freezing. I tried to do disk defragment and it wouldnt open and then found it was missing from my computer which made me think okay something more is wrong here.

I opened command prompt and did Dism /Online /Clean-Image /RestoreHealth

It found over 1000 errors and then said it couldnt complete because file is corrupted.

I then tried sfc /scannow and that wouldnt complete either. So I remembered reading if sfc doesnt work to try it in Safe Mode.

I boot into Safe Mode and then find I couldn’t log in with my password, it says it’s incorrect. I know it isn’t incorrect because I reset it. I realize I need internet to log in. I reboot in Safe Mode with networking. Not connected to internet. I pretty much try all options in the boot directory and they all require admin login which I cant do without connecting to the internet.

So I’ve been doing some research and these are the two option I’ve found.

1. Try using ethernet/lan in Safe Mode with Networking. I’ve read quite a few people say this still doesn’t work though.

2. Boot from Windows installation dvd and command prompt out of safe mode, then cancel install.

I don’t own an ethernet cable or blank dvds to burn the Windows 10 iso. I have to go buy them for this. And that still leaves me at square one with no way to fix my initial problem. I honestly hate Windows 10 it’s a joke. When I was younger I fixed way worse computers with no problems so this is pretty ridiculous.

Please tell me theres another option to fix this problem!!!

:)

SaaaamMY, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options

1. Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options - Similar Threads - Stuck Safe Mode

2. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  3. stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stuck in safe mode: I enabled safe mode and my password doesn't work I have watched several tutorials they all do something in the troubleshoot screen but when a try to use any of the options (eg. cmd prompt) it asks me for my password which isn't working pls help submitted by...
  4. Locked out of device/Stuck in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of device/Stuck in safe mode: Hello! I was attempting to update my Asus Windows 10 machine as it has failed to successful update since 2017. One of the Microsoft guides that I was following instructed me to open msiconfig and change a setting to start my machine in safe mode. I am now completely locked...
  5. stuck in safe mode

stuck in safe mode: I booted into Windows 10 Safe Mode. When I try to log in, “password is incorrect.” I reset my password on Microsoft so I know my password. I typed in the correct password, “password is incorrect.” I used SHIFT + Restart to access Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking and...
  6. Stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode: Wanted to do a clean install of GPU drivers so I booted in to safe mode without networking from msconfig. Rebooted and my password and PIN do not work. Tried resetting password since its connected to LIVE but even the new password doesn't work so there must not be network...
  7. Stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in safe mode: I'm stuck in safe mode without networking. I've been working on this for a while with the usual tools on USB and other remedies I've read in forums. I get to the safe mode desktop but without networking, I assume the password will never work so I can't return to normal...
  8. stuck in safe mode

stuck in safe mode: I'm stuck in safe mode without networking. My password will not work, so I can"t get back to normal windows. I've been working on this for a while with the usual tools on USB and other remedies I've read in forums. Using #5 in start up settings"Enable safe mode with...
  9. can't get out of safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get out of safe mode, stuck: I used msconfig to get into safe mode, now I can't get out, keeps asking for password, will not take it, same password used for this site so password is good. I found this, but cannot get it to work..https://youtu.be/j0JZgGFkU-I, after booting from my flash drive and...
  10. stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck in safe mode: I have been using my fingerprint (ever since i upgraded to windows10) to login to my laptop as i have forgotten my password. Recently when i dowloaded a software my system rebooted in safe mode. I am now unable to login as the finger print sotware is not accessible. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 safe mode airplane mode

2. turn off airplane mode windows 10 login screen safe mode