Windows 10: Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

Discus and support Stuck in safe mode without being able to login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I used the msconfig command to boot up with Safe Mode on Windows 10. I made the mistake of selecting "Safe boot" as the option for loading Safe Mode.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by (Nathania), Jul 11, 2019.

1. Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

I used the msconfig command to boot up with Safe Mode on Windows 10. I made the mistake of selecting "Safe boot" as the option for loading Safe Mode. I restarted into Safe Mode without incident, but now I can ONLY enter safe mode after each restart.

This would be fine if I had an administrator password. I cannot log into my admin account because I do not know my Microsoft account password. (The pin code does not work.)

I cannot go back into msconfig without an administrator password.

I actually reset my administrator password from my phone, but since Safe Mode does not connect to the Internet my new password is no good to me yet.

It seems all possible fixes (like recovery), and command prompt, require a login to the admin account on my PC, which I cannot complete without the password.

Please offer some advice on how to fix this.

:)

(Nathania), Jul 11, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

1. Stuck in safe mode without being able to login - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I login to my windows using pin. When i set msconfig to safe mode, i was unable to login to window when the login mode change to password. Kindly advise....
  3. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  4. Not able to login in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in safe mode.: Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working....
  5. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I've installed a new AMD GPU to replace my Nvidia GPU. It was reccomended to delete the old drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones. I booted up in safe mode, however it asks for my password to log in. I enter my current password (different than the one I setup...
  6. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I always log on with my pincode and so I forgot my admin password. To check a problem I switched to safe mode. In safe mode Win10 asks for a password. Now I am stuck in safe mode and can't go further. Please help....
  7. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated 133435
  8. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated...
  9. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated 133435
  10. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated...