Windows 10: Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password

Discus and support Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey My video drivers had issues and I decided to go to safemode and DDU . Little did I know that I couldn't use the pin and had to use a password. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Azeus, May 23, 2020.

1. Azeus Win User

Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password

Hey

My video drivers had issues and I decided to go to safemode and DDU . Little did I know that I couldn't use the pin and had to use a password. I'm now stuck in safe mode without network so I can't change password either.

Tried
    - bcdedit /deletevalue blah blah
    -bcdedit /set safemode network blah blah
    - enabling elevated admin but for some reason the 0038 line where already at (10) enabled. Can't see it still.
    When I try bcdedit /enum I get boot config error
    When I try bcdedit /deletevalue {current} it says wrong entry identifier. And I can't see what my identifier is either because bcdedit /enum or /v doesn't work.

I'm lost right now and if I have to clean install my PC I'll just leave and put my PC with brand new parts in the closet because I'm so mad rn.

:)

Azeus, May 23, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, May 23, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Networking in Safemode

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapter and it didn't work. I tried another suggestion I found doing a search. They suggested to click on the Network Icon before booting in to Safemode and connecting to the adapter. The only thing listed was Airplane mode. I guess Windows 10 will not initialize a wireless adapter in Safemode.

Winuser, May 23, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Networking in Safemode

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I have tried all the suggestions posted. When I try to access the wireless adapter before booting in to Safemode the only thing listed is Airplane mode. I'm guessing either Asus or MS doesn't want me to use wireless networking in Safemode.

Winuser, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck in safemode without networking. Don't know password - Similar Threads - Stuck safemode without

2. I'm stuck in safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck in safemode: I'm not sure how this happened by this had occured before in the past when I accidentally enabled it on system configuration > boot. This popped up again much later when I shutdown my laptop and in the morning it reappeared again. I had tried creating a temp account through...
  3. I'm stuck in safemode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck in safemode: I'm not sure how this happened by this had occured before in the past when I accidentally enabled it on system configuration > boot. This popped up again much later when I shutdown my laptop and in the morning it reappeared again. I had tried creating a temp account through...
  4. Stuck in safemode without networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safemode without networking: Hey My video drivers had issues and I decided to go to safemode and DDU . Little did I know that I couldn't use the pin and had to use a password. I'm now stuck in safe mode without network so I can't change password either. Tried - bcdedit /deletevalue blah blah -bcdedit...
  5. Networking in Safemode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking in Safemode: I have setup the option to use Safemode with networking using EasyBCD on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. When I boot into Safemode I can not get the wireless adapter to work. Is there a way to get the wireless to work in Safemode? 155497
  6. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  7. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect: I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also...
  8. I am stuck in safemode even though I know my password. When I try to start in safemode with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am stuck in safemode even though I know my password. When I try to start in safemode with...: Hello, I was trying to replace my GPU when I had to load Windows in safe mode to remove the drivers. I could not remember my password oh, and I usually use a PIN. I changed the password on my Microsoft account through my phone and it still will work with that password. I...
  9. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...
  10. Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10: Stuck in safe mode after checking safe mode in msconfig while running in normal mode. I didn't knew that pin don't work in safe mode .. Now i'm unable to go back to normal mode. And don't remember the password to enter into safe mode...in windows 10 Is there any fix for...