Windows 10: Stuck in Shutting Down

Discus and support Stuck in Shutting Down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jkiyah, Sep 23, 2022.

1. jkiyah Win User

Stuck in Shutting Down

My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji

:)

jkiyah, Sep 23, 2022

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2022
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Stuck in Shutting Down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Stuck in Shutting Down

1. Stuck in Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Stuck Shutting Down

2. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  3. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  4. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in Shutting Down

Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  6. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  7. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  8. Laptop is stuck at shut down

9. Stuck at shutting down screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at shutting down screen: my laptop is stuck on shutting down screen and keyboard is not working what should i do?plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-shutting-down-screen/89b0b937-1d81-44ca-b98f-3607b1756228
  10. Stuck at shut down screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at shut down screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furthestsauce50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlq7vn/stuck_at_shut_down_screen/