Windows 10: Stuck in start up loop after Windows update

Discus and support Stuck in start up loop after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 3 days ago I was prompted to do a Windows 10 update on my Dell Inspirion 15 5570, and now my laptop is stuck in this start up loop and will not boot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ronmoss43, May 23, 2020.

1. Ronmoss43 Win User

Stuck in start up loop after Windows update

3 days ago I was prompted to do a Windows 10 update on my Dell Inspirion 15 5570, and now my laptop is stuck in this start up loop and will not boot to Windows, can someone please help me. Here's exactly what happens when I power it on:

1 It makes it past Dell logo.

2 The blue bar fills all the way.

3 Circle spins.

4 It quickly flashes 2 messages:

A- Attempting to recover installation.

B- Undoing changes made to your computer.

In my opinion it doesnt have time to do either because next, it shuts down and restarts, and this is what it does over and over, it wont go any further then this.

Ive read several times that if I cycle my laptop on and off 3 times, after the 3rd attempt to boot has failed, Windows 10 will automatically boot into Windows Recovery Enviroment, but mine does not mine goes to Support Assist and does a system scan, Ive allowed that scan to completely finish and no issues were detected with the laptop so it definately has something to do with that Windows 10 update. Because it goes to Support Assist after 3 boot attempts Im not even sure how to get to Windows Recovery Enviroment to try the steps I read about. Im even willing to do a factory reset to see if that helps, but I cant even figure out how to get to that. If anyone has any suggestions Id greatly appreciate it. Im not very good with.computers and computer language, so if you could explain your suggestions as if you were talking to a 7th grader it would help me tremendously. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about my dilemma and any advice you might have to offer.

:)

Ronmoss43, May 23, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 23, 2020
  3. Stuck in update loop

These are the only three devices with warning triangles. The PS/2 keyboard and mouse were listed before. The JMB 36X is new.

Stuck in start up loop after Windows update [​IMG]

Birdieman50, May 23, 2020
  4. LeighB04 Win User

Computer did automatic update and is now stuck in start up loop

I had no trouble updating to Windows 10, but this last automatic update has caused my computer to be stalled in Start up loop. I have tried the booting from the USB Repair step and when it restarted it did the same thing. Stuck in the Restart/Start up loop.

LeighB04, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck in start up loop after Windows update - Similar Threads - Stuck start loop

2. Start up loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up loop: I accidentally shut down my computer during an update, now its doing a rapair loop can anyone assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-loop/4326366f-8597-45fc-9c47-30a0d2e79043
  3. Start up loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up loop: I accidentally shut down my computer during an update, now its doing a rapair loop can anyone assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-loop/4326366f-8597-45fc-9c47-30a0d2e79043
  4. Start up loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on reset loop after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on reset loop after update: Hi guys, I got an HP laptop a few days ago, it was/ is linked to my gmail account as login when it Asks for online or offline user account.Today after an update I’m stuck on a loop of Windows is updating and then just resetting all the time. I can’t get it to boot into safe...
  6. Stuck in start up loop after Windows update

Stuck in start up loop after Windows update: Hi, I have followed previous advice turning the computer off when the circle comes up. It does not work. Need advice. Still stuck in the loop with message that computer is "ångrar ändringarna som gjorts på din dator". Then turns off, starts up, same loop again....
  7. Windows 10 stuck on loop after update

Windows 10 stuck on loop after update: Last night my PC installed an update to windows 10. I haven't been able to access my PC since. It's just continually starting, going to the windows logo, then rebooting, over and over again. It's been doing this for the last 5 hours. What's going on? I can't work....
  8. PC stuck in a start-up loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stuck in a start-up loop: i have had this problem all day the problem i am having is when i boot up my pc it comes up with two messages one that says "diagnosing your pc" and "preparing automatic repair" so its obviously attempting to repair my pc however the problem is after that it says could not...
  9. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

Laptop stuck in start up repair loop: As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in restart loop after update: I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says restarting and the cycle repeats...