Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.

Discus and support Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't use a local account I use my Microsoft account, and my password manager is within my laptop, I have an old backup but none of the ones stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NullError404, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.

I don't use a local account I use my Microsoft account, and my password manager is within my laptop, I have an old backup but none of the ones stored there work. I'm able to login to my Microsoft account in a separate device using my passwords known but not my laptop. The only thing I can think is that my laptop locally stored an old version of my Microsoft password that I have forgotten, unless startup repair uses another form of a password that I'm not aware of.

submitted by /u/NullError404
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NullError404, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Kol12 Win User

Forgotten admin password.

I've forgotten the administrator password for my notebook. I can login with a 4 digit pin but I need the current password to change the password and that's the one I've forgotten. Also Windows keeps complaining of needing a startup repair but I cannot run it without the admin pass. What can I do?

Kol12, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Thema:

Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password.

1. Stuck in startup repair admin login and I have forgotten original password. - Similar Threads - Stuck startup repair

2. Stuck on preparing automatic repair, password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair, password forgotten: Hi i have a hp computer, its got a message preparing automatic repair, i use the advanced options to go onto command prompt, but all of the options requires a password, that i have forgotten, can anyone help me to debug without a password. Thanks...
  3. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  4. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Stuck in startup repair and forgotten the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in startup repair and forgotten the password: Hello, I was in between the startup repair stuck in the automatic repair loop when i realised i forgot the old outlook password for windows, however i changed the password online and still not able to reset or restore my PC. Kindly help me on the same....
  7. Forgotten admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten admin password: I’ve got no password reset disk and I don’t have security questions any help will be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Deloreanfan12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7p114/forgotten_admin_password/
  8. Forgotten admin password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten admin password.: I've forgotten the administrator password for my notebook. I can login with a 4 digit pin but I need the current password to change the password and that's the one I've forgotten. Also Windows keeps complaining of needing a startup repair but I cannot run it without the admin...
  9. i have forgotten the built in admin password ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have forgotten the built in admin password ?: i activated the built in administrator and use password lock and pin, the i mistakenly removed my local account as administrator and changed it to a user account. now the problem is that i have forgotten the built in administrator account password and i cant install any app...
  10. Forgotten Admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgotten Admin password: Hi i have a problem problem with my pc windows 10 i need to reboot it but i forgot my administrator password? Please help me guys i dont want to loose the information which is on my pc....