Windows 10: Stuck in Startup Repair

Discus and support Stuck in Startup Repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know if install is Home or Pro (yet). It's 19041.630. I have an ISO I can use to do a Repair install from but since I can't get the system to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Ztruker Win User

Stuck in Startup Repair

Don't know if install is Home or Pro (yet). It's 19041.630. I have an ISO I can use to do a Repair install from but since I can't get the system to boot that is not an option yet.
    Found info in the registry, it's Home.

When I try to use Advanced Options, Command Prompt it does not give me any account to login as so I don't have any way to activate the Hidden Administrator account.
    I used the direction of Option 5 here: Option Five: Enable or Disable Built-in Administrator in Command Prompt at Boot to supposedly enable the hidden Administrator account at offset 38 of the F key from 15 to 10 (directions say from 11 to 10 but it was originally set to 15). This had no effect as I still get no user account displayed to login as, and yes, I've rebooted many times.

Chkdsk fixed some problems the first time it was run but has been clean on subsequent runs. DISM and SFC using the offline parms have run clean.

Since the original user Maggie is still there and the registry entry that connects that user to it's data in \Users is there and valid, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I'd like to look at the Event Viewer but can't figure out how to do it. I've searched but everything i've found doesn't work or is too old. Supposedly the Event logs were .xml file but that doesn't appear to be true any more, so how to I get them off a non-booting system so I can load them into a working system to look at them?

Also, I've tried deleting \Windows\WinSXS\Cleanup.xml (not there) and Pending.xml (there, deleted) which allowed me to ruin SFC and DISM but got Automatic Repair on next boot anyway.

Any suggestions appreciated.

This is a friends computer so I don't want to reinstall unless there is no alternative. Key right now I think is to be able to read the Event logs.

:)

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 stuck on Startup repair when booting

Hi,

As per the description I understand your concern about Windows 10 Startup repair, we will help you with this issue.
    I would suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option. It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair. You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from
    the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

To run Startup repair from Advance boot option, follow the below steps:

• Press and holdShift key
      and click onRestart in Power icon.

• Click onTroubleshoot.

• Click onAdvanced Options.

• Now click onStartup Repair.

• Follow the further instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 19, 2021
  4. NC37 Win User

Stuck in Startup Repair

Win 7 stuck on Startup Repair

So I'm tasked with repairing my friend's HP lappy again. This time the machine is stuck in a perpetual Startup Repair cycle. Don't ask me how it got into this, he loads so much crap on his machines that eventually I end up having to wipe it all and reinstall anyways.

But this time its an issue I haven't seen on his or mine. The machine obviously has problems booting. File corrupt or something. It gives error 0x80070017 on Startup Repair.

I've tried booting from Win 7 DVD. Scans run, original scan took forever and says it fixes something but doesn't find a problem since. I've tried loading from Drive Medic CD, same thing. No problems found.

I did a little digging, found a trick using the command prompt but that isn't working either. Now I will note that I can't seem to be able to log in via Administrator. That is because there is, no option for it. I see his user account then names that make no sense like Homeusergroup/etc.

The HD is new too, few months old now. I just replaced the pos Toshiba HD that fried itself with a WD Scorpio Blue. So I'm not considering any hardware failure here from the HD. From the rest of the system, that is possible. He's overheated it quite a few times now. Finally had me take it apart and clean it, was totally clogged with dirt. I cleaned and relapped the heatsinks. It ran better for awhile before starting to overheat again. Which only happens at his work and on one particular desk.

Any ideas? I'm about ready to tell him, back up and reinstall time again. Thankfully I'd be able to save all his data this time since the HD isn't in the process of dying.

Thema:

Stuck in Startup Repair

1. Stuck in Startup Repair - Similar Threads - Stuck Startup Repair

2. Stuck at Startup Repair?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Startup Repair?: The latest Windows 10 update caused a bluescreen loop. I managed to enter Windows Recovery, I selected advanced options, then startup repair, picked my account but it needs a password which I have forgotten and I can't go back. The option to go back to the recovery menu is...
  3. Stuck at Startup Repair?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Startup Repair?: The latest Windows 10 update caused a bluescreen loop. I managed to enter Windows Recovery, I selected advanced options, then startup repair, picked my account but it needs a password which I have forgotten and I can't go back. The option to go back to the recovery menu is...
  4. Stuck at Startup Repair?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair

Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair: Windows 10: Stuck in startup repair loop HP Pro Book 450 G3; Win 10 Professional Education- Situation:Automated software does not recognize the Microsoft account password associated with the correctly displayed e-mail address for the account. Display indicates "password...
  6. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  7. Stuck in startup repair and forgotten the password

Stuck in startup repair and forgotten the password: Hello, I was in between the startup repair stuck in the automatic repair loop when i realised i forgot the old outlook password for windows, however i changed the password online and still not able to reset or restore my PC. Kindly help me on the same....
  8. Laptop stuck at Startup Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck at Startup Repair: My laptop has a booting probem and I have decided to use a bootable usb drive to fix it. I did a startup repair but it's stuck at attempting repairs for almost 8 hours now. What should I do? Should I let this running?...
  9. Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop: Really please help required that i have try all the troubleshooting tips with resetting my pc nothing has work for me, for me the last option is recovery. But i really appreatiate if some one able to help me regarding this problem to help me. My concern is that if i used...
  10. Stuck in startup repair HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in startup repair HELP: so today i did the nvidia firmware update thing posted of the forum for display driver, i restarted pc after and got starting repair, i never seen that ever, it just was stuck in that loop, i shut system down , and rebooted and it loads fine, no startup repair at all, but now...