Windows 10: Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update

Discus and support Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After the last windows update when i try to run my pc it reaches the log-in screen "loading" i see the desktop screen for a split of a second and then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Eden Edits, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update

After the last windows update when i try to run my pc it reaches the log-in screen "loading" i see the desktop screen for a split of a second and then i'm back to the login-in screen, tried doing the update again, checked for virus too i can't seem to be able to use the last windows update, i'm stuck on the 10.0.17134 build 17134, pls help

:)

Eden Edits, Dec 3, 2019

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 3, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update

1. Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update - Similar Threads - Stuck log screen

2. Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update: When I start my pc and try to log in using my pin code, I get an error saying my pin can be validated at this time. I tried getting a new pin code, but that failed. After that I tried loging in with my password, but Windows claims its wrong. I have tried to change the...
  3. Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update: When I start my pc and try to log in using my pin code, I get an error saying my pin can be validated at this time. I tried getting a new pin code, but that failed. After that I tried loging in with my password, but Windows claims its wrong. I have tried to change the...
  4. Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update: Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available...
  6. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update: Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available...
  7. Stuck on welcome screen after latest update, can't log in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on welcome screen after latest update, can't log in: I don't know if this is the right section to ask this in, but my machine refuses to let me log in now -- because it won't even show the the prompt. This also means I can't look up my actual specs, so what I have is of a computer that should be the same as mine. A couple...
  8. Black screen after last updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after last updates: Good Evening, I have a HP laptop purchased in 2017 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. I ran the most recent updates. My laptop now has a black screen. I can hear the laptop fan and components starting up. I did several hard shutdowns, and the reboot still had a black...
  9. HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update: I cannot even use any of the Troubleshooting options...all of them do nothing, just black screen, until I switch off the pc again. I cannot even enter bios with the usual key (Del), but the keyboard lookslike is working (capitals key light is working at least). Questions:...
  10. Unable to log into onedrive after last windows update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log into onedrive after last windows update...: Stuck in sign in mode, then when you try to sign in, a window pops up and it want's you to create a new account?? After searching for about an hour online...it kept giving solutions to the 365 version by going to "permissions" in user accounts. What I did was delete my...