Windows 10: Stuck in UEFI after reset to default.

Discus and support Stuck in UEFI after reset to default. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the settings you told me in the post #24, where you said to use the other option for GPT. That was for installation of windows, assuming the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kmint, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ARC
    Arc Win User

Stuck in UEFI after reset to default.

That was for installation of windows, assuming the conversion to GPT is done. It was in the reply to this post: *Redface
    It was not for the conversion, mate. *Sad

2. kmint Win User

Oh I see... NavyLCDR said "as in #24" and I did that.

No problem, I will get it one way or the other, thanks a lot.

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    My only point is to save the D drive. The lossy conversion is much easier.

4. kmint Win User

Well, it didn't work either. Same result with those rufus settings. And I can't go any forward than that.

Stuck in UEFI after reset to default. [​IMG]

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
  6. kmint Win User
    I kind of tried it. As you know, in PW you can do different steps before applying them. So I "deleted" those partitions, created a new one and tried to convert to GPT, but that wasn't possible.

I'll try what you say, but in my unexperienced hands it is risky. Crossing fingers.

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    There is no risk. Please be aware that the disk will become unbootable after the conversion. You have to perform a clean reinstall.
    But if you can do it, the D drive will be saved.

If you hesitate, give me a time. I will do the exact operation tomorrow with a spare HDD, will see how it goes, and will share the experience with you.

8. kmint Win User

Ok it worked!!! ,I'm reinstalling W10 now on the GPT disk and writing this from the phone. Crossing every finger xD. Many thanks.

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    So we have crossed one hurdle!! Great job! *Thumbs

Hopefully the rest will work, too.

Just not that how many partitions windows creates during installation. If it creates the recovery and MSR partitions, it is done!

10. kmint Win User
    W10 installed and on reboot I entered in UEFI settings and yes, I could reset everything to default, save and exit, so everything seems to be working.

When the installation is fully finished I still have to check if the problems are gone for sleep, switching off, etc, which was the main purpose of all of this.

Yours is the good job, the patience and the kindness of your help (all of you). Many thanks indeed.

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
  12. kmint Win User
    Uhmm... I am in the browser of the laptop already, installing my programs and adjusting the settings... and there is no sleep mode at all. I had never seen this. There is hibernation and switching off, but not sleep mode. When I finish installing some drivers and stuff I will try to reboot and allow some time to see if the sleep mode comes from somewhere. Otherwise I will try in the UEFI settings.

kmint, Mar 5, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Is it there?

Stuck in UEFI after reset to default. [​IMG]

14. kmint Win User
    Now yes. After some updates and reboots everything seems to be working fine, the sleep mode is there and working fast and fine, the switching off seems to work perfect too, etc. Everything seems to be solved, so

THANK YOU!!!!

kmint, Mar 6, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Most welcome. Very well done!

Thema:

1. Stuck in UEFI after reset to default. - Similar Threads - Stuck UEFI reset

2. No display after resetting bios to defaults.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display after resetting bios to defaults.: I upgraded my pc, a new mb ram and cpu. All old parts were working before. mb: z790 strix gaming wificpu: i5-13600kf gpu: gtx 1080 next upgraderam: Teamgroup 7800 ddr5psu: evga 1000 watt goldstorage: Corsair nvme, Samsung evo pro ssd, 2 old HDDsWhen I booted first time it...
  3. No display after resetting bios to defaults.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display after resetting bios to defaults.: I upgraded my pc, a new mb ram and cpu. All old parts were working before. mb: z790 strix gaming wificpu: i5-13600kf gpu: gtx 1080 next upgraderam: Teamgroup 7800 ddr5psu: evga 1000 watt goldstorage: Corsair nvme, Samsung evo pro ssd, 2 old HDDsWhen I booted first time it...
  4. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  5. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  6. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer resets to default after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer resets to default after restart: Every time I turn on my computer I log in and find out that my wallpaper, pins, desktop, and other settings reset to defaults. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it, can anybody help? submitted by /u/Hamburger_____ [link] [comments]...
  8. Stuck after clicking restart in UEFI Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck after clicking restart in UEFI Settings: I have an Alienware Aurora A9. I’m trying to change which gpu my computer is using. Currently being used is an Intel gpu and id like to switch to my nvidia gpu. But im getting stuck after I click restart in UFEI Settings and its not booting up my boot manager to allow me to...
  9. Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates: No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10). ***Moved From:...
  10. Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update: Just came home to see my box finishing a new Windows 10 update and restart. Restart ended in a “Blue Screen”, then reboot that went straight to the BIOS. BIOS shows everything as normal as far as I can tell. The OS SSD is also listed as boot device 1 but every restart leads...