Windows 10: Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just came home to see my box finishing a new Windows 10 update and restart. Restart ended in a “Blue Screen”, then reboot that went straight to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by loungebob, Jul 18, 2018.

1. loungebob Win User

Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update

Just came home to see my box finishing a new Windows 10 update and restart. Restart ended in a “Blue Screen”, then reboot that went straight to the BIOS.
    BIOS shows everything as normal as far as I can tell. The OS SSD is also listed as boot device 1 but every restart leads back to the BIOS. No loading Windows ever happens.
    How do I figure out what the issue is?

:)

loungebob, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 UEFI BIOS

I am trying to duel boot my windows 10 laptop with linux mint. I have a Live CD of linux, but to load it I need to disable Secure Boot, which I can only do if I enter legacy mode in my BIOS. When I do this, the BIOS no longer seems to see windows at all,
    the windows boot loader is removed from the bootable medium list. I can get back into windows if I revert to UEFI mode, but I don't understand why I can't load windows 10 from legacy mode, is there any way to do this?

DanielJenkins97, Jul 18, 2018
  4. aakkam22 Win User

Windows 10 UEFI BIOS

It looks like your hardware supports both the new firmware standard (UEFI), and the old firmware standard (Legacy or BIOS).

Based on your description, it seems that Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode. Legacy firmware can't see UEFI, and that's why when you enter Legacy, you can't see the newer, UEFI-based Windows 10.

The solution? Reinstall Windows 10 using legacy boot instead of UEFI.

aakkam22, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Stuck UEFI BIOS

2. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  3. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  4. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  6. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  7. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stuck on UEFI BIOS SCREEN

Stuck on UEFI BIOS SCREEN: HI all wondering if someone can help me please I. Have got my son this gaming pc for Xmas today a zoomstorm onyx athlon we have spent the full day stuck on this BIOS screen when I started it up it says no media present then takes me to the Bios screen I've tried the...
  9. Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility

Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility: Hi all - I have a Windows 10 PC running an ASUS Sabertooth X-99 motherboard. I left it exporting a large video file from Adobe Premiere Pro for a few days; when I got back, it was stuck on the UEFI BIOS Utility motherboard screen. I tried turning it off and on a few times, to...
  10. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 hangs at uefi screen

2. is the x in the corner of the surface uefi a sign of a trashed ssd

3. uefi bios bitlocker after windows update

4. legacy bios w10 1803 upgrade fault,
  5. after windows updat computer booting to uefi bios,
  6. windows 10 stuck in uefi loop,
  7. window stuck at uefi,
  8. windows 10 will not reboot stuck uefi firmware,
  9. uefi screen after update,
  10. checking media efi loader after win 10,
  11. windows pc stuck at uefi screen after install,