Windows 10: Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

Discus and support Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was reading on BIOS stuff cause my PC always boots to the wrong screen and a suggestion to turn CSM off fixed that but introduced a UEFI loop (every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MetalTxus, Mar 8, 2020.

1. MetalTxus Win User

Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

I was reading on BIOS stuff cause my PC always boots to the wrong screen and a suggestion to turn CSM off fixed that but introduced a UEFI loop (every time it closes, it opens again instead of booting the system). I turned CSM back on in order to be able to boot but does anyone know why UEFI won't work?

:)

MetalTxus, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Andre for Directly, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

1. Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off - Similar Threads - Stuck UEFI loop

2. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  3. How To Enable UEFI On P8B75-M/CSM Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How To Enable UEFI On P8B75-M/CSM Motherboard: Hello, I have this motherboard: P8B75-M/CSM P8B75-M/CSM | Motherboards | ASUS USA Supposedly, it's a UEFI motherboard. Yet in the system information, it says that it's Legacy: [img] What do I need to enable in the motherboard's settings to make that say UEFI? Thanks...
  4. Stuck in BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in BSOD loop: My Dell laptop is 2 months old, and I've been stuck in a BSOD loop since last night. I have a paper on the computer that's due soon and am beyond stressed. I got a message yesterday (before the crash) about NVIDIA drivers needing to be updated, so I'm thinking maybe an update...
  5. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled: I am stuck on Aptio setup utility and launch csm disabled * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Stuck on patio setup and launch csm disabled * OS assumed to be Win 10...
  6. Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility

Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility: Hi all - I have a Windows 10 PC running an ASUS Sabertooth X-99 motherboard. I left it exporting a large video file from Adobe Premiere Pro for a few days; when I got back, it was stuck on the UEFI BIOS Utility motherboard screen. I tried turning it off and on a few times, to...
  7. computer stuck in loop

computer stuck in loop: My computer is constantly running a Repair Disk error program that says it could take up to 1 hour but has been running for 15 hours I have tried to reboot but with no success it just keeps reappearing How can I close it down Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  8. UEFI with CSM module Question

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with CSM module Question: Hi there Messing about with an old HP ProLiant GEN 10 Microserver. In the boot menu it's got for Boot mode Legacy only (which I assume is MBR mode) or UEFI only --but under legacy mode I have the option to enable CSM module --- on the boot info it says this enables UEFI for...
  9. Disable CSM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable CSM?: Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner...
  10. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Repair Loop: I recently updated to build 10130 and now I'm stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" -> Restart loop. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 6468