Windows 10: Stuck in update loop

Discus and support Stuck in update loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After 34 years and thousands of dollars spent on Microsoft and related products I am pricing Macs now unless I can solve this. I am running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Birdieman50, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Stuck in update loop

After 34 years and thousands of dollars spent on Microsoft and related products I am pricing Macs now unless I can solve this. I am running Windows 10 Home version 1709. This was a free upgrade from Windows 7. This upgrade was over two years ago. I will not go into previous crashes, but on 8/25 WU tried to install version 1803. It failed, the system crashed with the BSOD and I could only bring it back with a system image rebuild. Return to previous version does not work, auto repair does not work, restore point does not work, nothing but restoring from a system image. After restoring, WU immediately downloads v1803 again, tries to install and the insanity begins again. The only way I can stall it is to set my 18 hour active hours window and turn the computer off at night. I have run WU Troubleshooting a number of times, getting the message that the WU database is corrupt, it allegedly fixes the problem, but I get the same message every time I run it. I tried the MS show/hide update utility and it shows v1803 is hidden, but apparently not hidden well enough. As I type this, I am restoring the system for the fifth time in the past month. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

:)

Birdieman50, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Stuck in update loop

Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in update loop

1. Stuck in update loop - Similar Threads - Stuck update loop

2. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  3. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  4. Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a loop: one day I tried opening my computer up and it showed me the choose your keyboard layout screen and when I press us it shows choose and option when I press troubleshoot I see factory image restore and advanced options. In advanced options I’ve tried startup repair, system...
  5. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Stuck in a loop: My Windows system constantly tries to update to the newest version of Windows, but fails to do so. However, the problem is that Windows constantly tries to update to it, almost happening daily when booting my PC. Is there any way to fix this update or just stop Windows trying...
  6. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Stuck in a loop: My Windows system constantly tries to update to the newest version of Windows, but fails to do so. However, the problem is that Windows constantly tries to update to it, almost happening daily when booting my PC. Is there any way to fix this update or just stop Windows trying...
  7. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. computer is stuck in "update" loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer is stuck in "update" loop: Hi, I recently got a new laptop and found it didn't have enough memory, so to get it ready to send back I wiped the data from it. However I learned of something I could do about the memory, so I turned it back on and it showed the dell logo then asked me for my country...
  9. Stuck on update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on update loop: I am not sure where else to post this I am having a huge problem for a while now with my windows 10 desktop it will go into update mode but about half the update it says "we couldnt complete the updates undoing changes" and restarts my pc, it does this in an infinite loop and...
  10. Windows update stuck on a loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck on a loop: When I went into windows update. It was already checking for updates. It found a definition update for windows defender kb2267602 but is stuck downloading 0%. And just not moving, it's not had a chance to find todays cumulative updates yet! But the concerning thing is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update: Hi we have some updates for you. this will take several minutes. Donot turn your computer off. and repeats and repeats??